Bierce's Ballroom

Third person POV

Darkness
.
.
.
.
Darkness is all what it filled the void of emptiness. Under the shadows, there emerges a floating body as slowly drifting into a one direction. Before it go further, a hand reached for the slumbered person. Pulling them out of the abyss reveals a woman with (h/l) (h/c) hair and (s/c) skin in casual clothes. As the (h/c) haired girl being pulled out, her (e/c) eyes begins to flutter as she regain conscience. Followed by massive headache grasping her forehead, felt like her skull being bashed multiple times.

"What happened?"

"Oh! Another one. How nice to have some company again."

Before I could fully comprehend on what is going on, a person joins from what I can see, a glowing eyes and a silhouette of a woman stand few feet away from me.  

"Come over here. Let's have a look at you...."

When my vision is finally focus and comply to her until under the bright light reveals a  tall woman.  She has a slightly tanned skin tone, a white hair that appears to 'float' to the right side of her head, teal eyes framed by dark eyeshadow and black lipstick. She wears a long-sleeved form-fitting black dress that exposes her torso and abdomen, though part of this exposure is divided by a single round gem holding parts of the dress together.  

"You disappoint me love. You really do... So many fears... So many desires. I thought you'd be bigger."

Confused to what she's trying to say and the woman saw it,

"Don't look so confused.... I know everything you've got hidden in that brain of yours. I know all the terrible things you've done. So many good intentions laid to waste.. I can see the regret, eating away at your soul..."

'What?! How did she know about?! And where the fudge I am right now?!' 

"Hah! But now your time has come and here you are, to grovel and beg."

With those eyes staring directly at windows of my soul and she continue,

"You cant go back... Only death awaits you there now. Fear not love, you've got potential! I see it in you, and I can help change your fate. But if you want a new life, you're going to suffer quite a bit to get it."

New life those words echoed in my mind, an offer that look promising and tempting to take it, yet. How I would know if this lady is telling the truth? How can I trust this woman that I didn't even know who and what is?   With limited time, I had no choice but to agree or  surrender to the death itself. 

If I died already and if my hunch tells me something that this is a purgatory  then I would take the risk after all there is nothing for me to loose. I finally gave in,

"Who are you?"

"Bierce is my name and you are Y/N M/N L/N"

"How did you kn-"

"Like I've said before I know everything about you that include your name and your life before."

 The light begins to luminate viewing a ballroom and right in the center an altar and what it seems to be ten portals in between the pillars display in view.  What is interesting was on the top stairs, a mysterious door.

'I wonder if behind those door would lead to hell?'

"The pieces to a powerful ring are hidden in nightmare behind each portals. Find them and bring it to me and you'll get your wish. Fail, and you'll find there are fates far worse than death  awaiting you here " 

Then suddenly one of the portals open, showing  an image of a creepy monkey. I, approaching it slowly and with caution towards to it. The headache is gone and I looked back at Bierce who nodded at me and without any wait I jumped in and walked across the hallway with red light radiates.

"Clock's ticking..."

Reaching at the end of  the hallway and this is the start of madness. 

____

About Bierce decription I used the Dark Deception Wiki Fandom and this is the third fanfic that I publihed.

655 words

Date made: June 21, 2022
Date revise: ??