Silent Screams

Y/N POV

I don't know what happened, but all I remember was returning to Bierce's ballroom, and then everything seemed to fade into blackness. Now, I find myself sitting here, surrounded by a flurry of memories flashing before my eyes.

___________

Dream

___________

"Come on, Lieutenant L/n ! You can do this!"

I could hear the enthusiastic chants of my fellow female comrades as I finished my routine in the army camp. Sweat dripped down my forehead, a testament to the intense training and camaraderie that defined our lives in this female-centric military unit.

As I completed the routine, cheers erupted among the women. "Great job, Sergeant !" one of them exclaimed, patting me on the back. Another added, "You nailed it! That's how it's done!"

The atmosphere was filled with a sense of collective achievement and support. "We knew you could handle it!" a fellow soldier said, offering a congratulatory smile. The female soldiers around me formed a circle, expressing their solidarity through encouraging words and gestures.

"Y/n!"

______

As my name was called, I looked up to see my best friend, (Best friend's name), approaching with a wide grin on her face.

"Y/n!" she exclaimed, her voice filled with excitement as she reached my side.

"(Best friend's name)!" I replied, returning her smile. We had been friends since our early days in the military unit, sharing both the challenges and triumphs of our journey together.

"I knew you'd ace it!" she said, giving me a playful punch on the arm. "You always do."

Her words of encouragement warmed my heart, reinforcing the bond we shared amidst the rigors of military life. With her by my side, I felt a renewed sense of confidence and determination to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

"Thanks, (Best friend's name)," I said, grateful for her unwavering support. "Couldn't have done it without you."

"Anything for my sister!" she replied with a grin, emphasizing the bond we shared not just as friends, but as sisters in arms.

After our celebratory exchange, we headed back to our respective bunks, and talked about our next mission outside of the camp. As we did, (BFF) mentioned some of the guys from the other side of the military camp. One name that kept coming up was Brian, my friend said with a mischievous grin, "He's been asking about you a lot lately."

I rolled my eyes, chuckling at her teasing. "Brian? Seriously? He's probably just curious about our unit. It's nothing."

"But he seems pretty interested in you," she persisted. "Always checking if you're around, asking about your training sessions..."

I shrugged, trying to brush off the topic. "Well, I'm not interested in him, or anyone else for that matter. Relationships in the military just complicate things."

My friend nodded in understanding, knowing my stance on the matter. "Fair enough. Just thought I'd let you know what's going on in the boy's camp."

We continued chatting about other topics, enjoying the camaraderie and comfort of each other's company in the midst of our military duties.