Crazy Carnevil [II]

TRIGGER WARNING(S):
Mention of being stabbed

____

Y/N POV

Sprinting towards the entrance of the funhouse, I quickly check my tablet to see how many soul shards I need to collect in this zone. It shows a daunting number—two hundred and twenty shards in this zone. The walls of the funhouse are adorned with murals of creepy clowns and other circus-themed dark imagery. Despite the eerie atmosphere, I can't help but appreciate the artistry; it would be perfect for a scare house at a carnival. These thoughts trigger a memory of being separated from my parents while visiting similar fairs. Back then, they were more friendly and family-oriented, unlike this eerie carnival realm. Suddenly, Bierce's voice cuts through the eerie silence, delivering a riddle. 

"What's black and white and red all over? I'd start running before you find out."

By this point, I'm well aware of their presence and their attempts to unnerve me. However, I know I have the ability to evade or paralyze them if necessary. I'll need to be cautious, but I'm determined to gather the soul shards.  As one of the clown gremlins spots me and alerts its friends, all five of them start chasing me down the eerie hallways of the funhouse. I know I need to act fast. Just before they could get too close, I activate my Primal Fear ability, causing them to paralyze temporarily. Seizing the opportunity, I teleport to a safer location, putting some distance between me and the pursuing gremlins.

This ability has proven invaluable in this unpredictable carnival, allowing me to escape dangerous situations and continue my quest for soul shards. I remain vigilant as I move forward, knowing that more challenges and mysteries await me in this surreal realm. As I venture through different parts of this demented carnival, the distant sound of loud cannons reaches my ears. Occasionally, I use my telepathic abilities to locate potential enemies and easily dodge their pursuit, swiftly navigating to various areas. I come across ruby-webbed barriers that block certain paths, which I find challenging to bypass. My sprinting leads me to an area with a ball pit, and, unfortunately, I trip and tumble right into it, sending colorful balls flying.

Despite the dangerous situation, I can't help but chuckle at the absurdity of my life in this nightmarish realm. Each moment presents new challenges and thrills, and even in the face of danger, I find a brief sense of happiness in my accomplishments. The pursuit of collecting soul shards in this perilous carnival continues to test my abilities and determination.

I continue through the eerie funhouse, the room filled with a large mirror maze-like area, minus the actual mirrors, and green portals that lead up to a smaller, second floor. The surroundings are designed to disorient and confuse, making my journey through this carnival even more challenging. As I inspect the walls adorned with clown murals and ominous circus-themed imagery, I can't help but feel a shiver down my spine. This surreal realm's bizarre and nightmarish atmosphere is unlike anything I've ever experienced. Still, I remain focused on my goal, keeping an eye on my tablet's shard count.

.
.
.
150 shards streak!
.
.
.
.
.
A hundred and thirty more remaining, as I was engrossed to the tablet. The sharp, searing pain in my thigh caught me off guard, and I couldn't hold back a scream. My tablet dropped from my hand as I stumbled and lost my balance. I hit the ground, and the world around me blurred for a moment. I reached for my injured leg, feeling the warmth of blood seeping through my fingers. As the pain throbbed through me, I knew I had to act quickly. Clutching my wounded thigh, I glanced around to see what had attacked me. It was a blade, wickedly sharp and glinting with malevolence. The surreal and eerie atmosphere of the carnival seemed to have conspired against me once more.