Deadly Decadence [II]

"How nostalgic. I used to have a manor like this. Much bigger of course."

"Tell me about it."

I came from a well-known wealthiest family; both of them worked as CEOs for two different companies that have merged as my mother and father married under an arranged marriage contract. Soon they ought to be passed on to me when I graduate college with a degree in business and top of the class, being the only child that can inherit the richness of the L/N family. My parents are always at work and have little time to spend with family; mostly the maids and the butler were the only people with whom I spent my time. Setting all of this aside, walk on to the front door to the entrance of the manor.

'Ah, here we go again.'

___________________

Inside, the hallway up to the center greeted me with the ring altar, and the interior of the mansion was made of gold. My eyes wandered around the interior of the mansion. This reminds me of the story of a man who can turn whatever he touches into gold. Because greediness is what led to his own consequence, Indeed, he desires gold and wealth, but for what cause? That is, he can't eat or drink, and what is worse, he turned his beloved daughter into one.

'What was that story again?'

"Is it terribly rude if you let yourself in unannounced?"

"Nah, not unless you are here with me and I would gladly announce our arrival and surely enough they would love hearing that."

"Hahaha hilariously enough you found the ring altar, now get the rest of the shards."

"whatever ya say boss"

Malak's maniacally laugh bounces around the walls sending chills down to my spine.

'Is it just me? Or his voice is ho-' Na ah not now Y/n!

Not wasting anymore time taking out the tablet and starting to collect the remaining shard from this mansion. Walking upstairs, then speed boosting and combining teleportation in the nearest hallway for easy gathering of shards, avoiding traps, and escaping from those gold watchers Passing through the hallways around the first floor, a hidden door is opened, revealing a file.

'Well, that's quick from this zone, and how many secret files can I find then?"

Taking it and resume the hunting, avoiding traps and swinging axes from the ceilings. The sinister laughter of the monsters indicates that they are now here.

'Chocolate fudge, this map is huge, and two hundred and ten shards need to be retrieved.'

Two hundred shard trikes!

This will take a while, and boy, this is harder than what I've imagined.

◇◇◇Time skip ◇◇◇

Another file was found, and it's a good thing there are stunned orbs and a red shard. Entering a new room with enemies in close range. I made sure that I outmaneuver them, but every time I looked back, they were there, but with an axe in hand.

'When will this nightmare be over already?" '

Lucky for me, there was a secret room in this area when I stepped in. The living statue is displayed in some sort of ritualistic way, as if it were worshiping gold. The room displayed tons of gold bars and masks. In the center, a pedestal holds another note from this person, quickly pocketing the piece of paper.

"They're using the rings' power to create living statues. What a waste." Bierce scoffs at the ridicule.

Oddly, there is another file lying around the hallway, and I am resuming my track.