Chapter seven

"Jian Yi isn't here?" Zhan Zhengxi repeated in shock. Xiao Hui was quite worried about Jian Yi so she asked the idol, hoping to find an answer. Only they were both uncertain.

"No, Zhengxi. His mother called Director to inform him about Jian Yi's cold. I thought you'd know how he got the cold but I guess we're both clueless." Xiao Hui smiled sadly. "So we couldn't film the scene when Karla and Matteo lives a happy life after all the trouble Hugo" (Zhan Zhengxi's character) "had caused."

Zhan Zhengxi bit his lip, as if he actually caused trouble. Oh wait he did. Kind of?

Xiao Hui then started to giggle and leaned onto the idol. "Oh, remember when you were Matteo. You were so small and cute and- aww." Zhan Zhengxi huffed as Xiao Hui clinged onto his arm. "Why couldn't you be the Matteo to my Karla once again? Why did you give the role up?"

"I.. felt like I suited Hugo. I want to know more about him, Hui." Zhan Zhengxi mumbled.

"Well, Hugo is Matteo's idol. Aren't you Jian Yi's idol? I heard him talk about it in an interview! Oh, don't worry Zhengxi. Jian Yi won't steal me away like what Matteo did with Karla. I'll still be your friend." Xiao Hui laughed, feeling happier now that she's able to talk to Zhan Zhengxi after so long.

"Well, aren't I lucky?" Zhan Zhengxi couldn't help the smirk coming onto his face. Xiao Hui was his first friend in the entertainment industry so it felt good to talk to her.

"But maybe this time.. we can change the story." Xiao Hui muttered, looking into Zhan Zhengxi's eyes.

"What do you mean?" the dirty blond asked.

"Matteo and Hugo. Think about it!" the actor giggled. "Matteo learns about his idol and instead of getting with Karla to piss him off, he loves him. And Hugo loves him back. Ooh! How cute! I even found the perfect title." Zhan Zhengxi pushes off Xiao Hui's arm.

"Oh my God, shut up." Zhan Zhengxi groaned as his cheeks went red. "I'm gonna go look for Jian Yi now."

"Make sure he comes back tomorrow in perfect condition!" Xiao Hui calls as the other dashes away. She sighs with a smile on her face and turns around. "Oh! Director. See, I have some ideas about his story. How do you feel about a cute twist?"

---

Knock, knock.

"Jian Yi?" Zhan Zhengxi called as he drummed his fingers on the door. No response. No response for a while now.

He's not home. Why?

A memory then popped up into his mind. Right. At the tree, he headed towards the village, not his car. He probably stayed there the night as he didn't have a way to get home. Zhan Zhengxi jogged to his car and drove away.

After an hour or two, he reached the plain grassland and sprinted to the white oak tree he visited yesterday. When Zhan Zhengxi reached it, he leant on the trunk as he gasped for oxygen. Moments became minutes when the idol was ready to go in the same direction Jian Yi walked in.

He passed by houses which looked old and abandoned. His heart ached as he found his old school. Where he first met Jian Yi. Oh, how he wished their first meet was in the studio instead of this village.

He stopped at the sound of voices coming from the slightly broken down house to the right. Zhengxi raced up to the door and knocked hurriedly.

"Hello? Jian Yi?" Zhan Zhengxi called, now starting to bang.

After a few minutes, the door swung open with a loud creak. But there was no Jian Yi. There was a short old man who was glaring up at Zhan Zhengxi with his dull blue eyes. The taller didn't recognise him but he could tell that they knew each other before.