Chapter Nine - The Missing Memory

*finally a name for a chapter 🤣*

Warnings

Mentions of bullying
Mentions of abuse

*In your POV unless stated otherwise

☕️ I Love This Dam Coffee Shop- ☕️

I walk into another store not wanting to go home just yet, it's a clothing store. Great. I guess I could find more boxers? I think some might be getting to small. I have gotten quite muscular since I bought them. I kinda just wonder around lost and stuck in a odd train thought until of course it's interrupted "Excuse me? Are you someone from the entrance exam?" A small kid asks. I chuckle "Yes I am. I'm aspiring to be a great hero one day!" Forming my face to look silly making the kid laugh "Well since you wanna be a hero, can I ask you a quick question?" The kid asks "Yeah, go for it!" The kid smiles brightly then turns sad pointing their head to the floor "Do you think... do you think I could be a hero one day? I- I don't have a quirk and people make fun of me lots." My heart shatters and I Neal down to the kids level and lift their head up gently "Hey, kid. Do you think you can be a hero?" They nod aggressively "Then you can. You just gotta train hard and work for it! UA is allowing quirkless kids into their school now which is nice of them. But always remember, life as a hero will be changing and tasks may be extra hard quirkless but you know what? That's okay. Things will get tough but if you stick to it and push" I say lifting the kid up "I bet you could do it. Always protect people, even if your not a hero right now. Just don't risk your life yet" The kid giggles and I put them down "Honey? Joseph? Baby come to mum!" And with that, the kid scurried off to find their mother.

I keep wondering around to find out I'm in a mall. Great, totally needed this. I sighed and kept looking, soon tho I see some student that was in the entrance exam too. I walk up beside them and sneak a peek at what their looking at "That's a real nice dress" Startling them "Hello, I didn't see you there. Oh gosh! Are you from the entrance exam too?" They ask "Yup! Do you think you got in? I'm kinda nervous not going to lie." I chuckle "Hmm I think I got in, I don't know about you tho. I didn't really see you except in the crowd of people" she starts laughing "My names Ochaco Uraraka! What's you name?" She asks "It's Y/n L/n, nice you meetcha!" I notice her glance at the dress again sighing "You want it? I have lots of extra money from my job I could lend a hand! I mean we will see each other in school so might as well become proper friends!" I say sounding a little to energized "Oh no I couldn't! I'd never be able to pay you back so I don't need you to help!" She waves her hands crazily "Nah no need, come on" I drag her inside, get an employee and show the dress stating I'm buying it. Minutes later it's already payed for (after she tried it on and made sure it fit obviously) "Oh thank you so much! Here's my number if you want to meet up again sometime after we get our letters back or before of course" she giggles "Yup I can do that!" I laugh adding her number onto a new contact. "I'll see you again soon then yeah?" I ask "Yup! Definitely" and we go out separate ways.

I soon get bored and walk home with my bags. By then it was dark so I sorted everything I bought and walked up to my room. I lay on my bed, my hair wet from showering and my clean pjs rubbing against my skin minutes later I fall asleep.

"Thanks mama!" I yell to a tall lady who looks like a older, female version of me. I see a dual haired boy sitting on a bench "Hello! You look cool! I like you hair, your eyes look cool to! What's your name? Mine is L/n Y/n! We should be friends! I hope you okay with that-" he covers my mouth "please stop." He mutters "Ah! I'm sorry." I whisper "My names Todoroki Shoto, and no I don't want to be friends. Friends are a waste of time." He say his face cold. "Aw man, oh well. I'll still hang out with you no matter what!" I cheer throwing my fist in the air, the dual haired boy sighs but doesn't protest. I sit next to him and smile "How old are you? I'm five." I ask, he mutters something I couldn't hear "I'm sorry what was that?" His head jolts up his face slightly red "f-five too" I smile "Wow that's so cool! We are the same age! Do you wanna be a hero? I don't really wanna." He shakes his head "how come?" I ask "I have my own reasons! Leave it at that!" He shouts, I flinch "o-oh sorry..." I look at the ground away from him "Sorry for bothering you Todoroki... bye"

I stand up and begin to walk to my mom but I feel someone grab my wrist "I'm sorry.." he mutters "huh?" I turn to look at him, his hand still grabbing my wrist "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. It's just the question you asked is personal" You make a face of understanding "Oh okay, again I'm sorry!" I giggle and sit back down, I feel his eyes inspecting my face as I look at the water crashing into the sand. I look at him with a questioning gaze and he immediately looks away, I turn to look at my mom to see her waving me over "I have to go... I'll see you later right?" I look at him and smile getting a small one in return "Right.." he says quietly. He lets go of my wrist and I skip over to my mom and take her hand, before I fully leave the beach I turn and wave at Todoroki to find him looking at me waving back.

*The next day in the dream*

I walk back to the beach in hopes of seeing Todoroki. 'I don't see him.. that's sucks' I sit down puzzled, How will I find him? "Excuse me? L/n?" A quiet almost unheard voice says "Yeah?" I turn my head to look at them. It's Todoroki! "Hi Todoroki!" I almost squeal
"Hi L/n." "I'm happy you came back!" I cheer "R-really?" He whispers "Of course, your my not friend, get it? Because you didn't wanna be friends?" I start laughing "You.. You can call me your friend if you want." He looks up at me slightly "Yay! I'm so excited! Your the first person to actually wanna be my friend!" I say sounding to happy for what I just said "You don't have other friends?" He asks and I sigh "No I don't, my father always scares them away when he finds out..." I look down "He's not very nice, but I guess my mom is. Kinda.." I feel tears welling up close to spilling so I wipe them away and look up with a small fake smile "But I have to be happy for them, because is they aren't happy then they must be sad. I don't want them to be sad!" Todoroki looks at me with sadness "My father is terrible. I hate him" I nod "I don't know what happened but thats understandable, sometimes it's hard to love someone... who only cares for themselves."

To be continued
Words: 1304