six

(ᗒᗕ)

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇 | 𝙵𝙰𝙼𝙸𝙻𝚈 𝙷𝙸𝚂𝚃𝙾𝚁𝚈

|><|

Emmy never thought she'll be in a whole other country with a woman she only knew for a day crossing over with a fake passport, when arriving to the city she immediately fell in love with the people and it's culture.

"You know when I first met you I didn't think I was gonna travel across the country with someone I barley know with a fake passport." Emmy mentions bringing the purple straw up to her lips.

Layla hummed stopping near a jewelry stand.
"You can trust me, I've got to see you as who you are in less then 24 hours, and on the other note if I didn't want you here—"

Emmy nods. "I wouldn't be here." She finished, Layla nods as the two woman began to move further down the market, taking in all the accessories, clothes, food.

"Did you grow up here?" Emmy squints up at the sun for a second before turning her attention to Layla.

"Yea, my father and I will always come here to the market on Sundays, he was an archaeologist." Layla smiles to herself. "A great one might I add, until he passed."

"I'm sorry." Emmy frowns making Layla turn to her. "I also lost both of the parents not that long ago, it's hard in the beginning but until you find people that care for you, the pain would hurt a lot less."

Layla saw Marc in the girl, she didn't know why but all she knew that they both were very similar to one another, she hummed with a smile glancing around the market when her eyes spotted Marc Spector in the flesh.

"I hope you like attention." Layla and Emmy both stood before the man. Marc huffs rolling his eyes. "Right guy, right place. But you're not Egyptian.

Layla brought the straw to her lips raising her eyebrows staring straight ahead at her husband. Emmy had dumped her bag in a near by bin.
"Layla, what the hell are you doing here?" Marc wonders. "You shouldn't be here."

"Why? Because my name pisses off a few people in Cairo? Who cares?" Layla scolded, Emmy stared at the side of Marc's face seeing that Steven and him were clearly different in personalities.

"It's not the locals that I'm worried about." Marc looked up at a building seeing Knoshu staring down at him, before turning to the young brunette. "Emmy? What is she doing here?"

Emmy tucked in her lips as a deep breath escaped her nose. "Uh, moral support." She nods with a smile. "Yeah."

Marc tilts his head, "huh, okay."

"Come with me, I'll help you find what you need." Layla mentions and with that the trio left the market.

-

"Tell me about your family."

Emmy eyes peeled away from the dark sky and it's only shine, the moon, to meet a pair of brown eyes, they were the same as hers, she never actually talked about her family, she never met any one of her moms or dads side of the family, only that they weren't worth speaking too.

Marc was a curious man, the moment he meet the girl, he had the sudden urge to protect her from any harm especially Harrow, he hated that she was only in her early 20s and was already involved in his problems.

She didn't know what to say or how to react, Marc sensed her anxiety from where he sat which wasn't far, Layla had left them alone to make a quick call at the end of the boat, leaving them with comfortable silence till it was broke.

"You don't have to talk about it." Marc reassured leaning forward reacting his elbows on his knees.
"It's okay, it's a hard subject. I get it."

Emmy shook her head with a sigh. "I never actually talk about it, unless it was with my therapist, people back home will always walk around glass when they were around me, as if I'm going to break if they say the wrong thing." Emmy chuckled before clearing her throat not meeting his eyes.

"Uh, a year ago my parents where killed in a car crash, um... they were on their way back home to— to me." Emmy let's out a shaky breathe, Marc eyes trailed down to her hands, they were trembling shaking.

"Whoa, hey-" Marc raised up from his spot, taking a seat beside her on the bench, Emmy eyes welled up with tears. "You're okay, I'm here."

Emmy scoffs with a chuckle. "I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm crying." She said wiping her face with the back of her sleeve.

"It's okay, everyone has a past that they won't ever forget even though it happened many, many years ago." Marc recalled a memory that was buried deep in the back of his brain.

"I guess we all have stories we won't ever tell." Emmy red eyes met his forest brown eyes, Marc huffs with a grin.  "Right?"

"You got that right."

"Seriously, Marc." Layla had returned glaring down at her husband. "I leave for ten minutes and you already made her cry." Sitting down to Emmy's right.

Marc lips parted in disbelief muttering. "Unbelievable." Emmy chuckled softly.

" Emmy chuckled softly