seven

(ᗒᗕ)

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽 | 𝚂𝙿𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙾𝚁

|><|

Once arriving to Mogart, they had notice many people for such a small town, both Marc and Layla were already prepared for what they had to do, Emmy stepped out the boat to join them when a hand held her back.

"Whoa, whoa, you're not coming with." Marc mentions with furrowed eyebrows, Emmy snapped her head  turning to Layla.

The older woman nods in agreement. "He's right, we can't protect you if your inside with us." Pressing her lips into a thin line.

Emmy lips parted, she couldn't believe what she was hearing, she didn't travel across the world just for her to seat out on the action, but she knew they were right.

"Fine. I'll just stay here, next to the lake." Emmy didn't argue with them as they got ready to leave. "Hopefully I don't get kidnapped."

Marc eyes flashed with concern, realizing she was joking. "You'll be fine, kid."

"We'll be back before you know it." Layla smiles patting her arm, before she and Marc left to make their way down.

Emmy hasn't been by the lake for ten minutes when Harrow's men and came up from behind her, her eyes widen at the huge hand blocking her mouth feeling her body get dragged away from the lake into the forest.

Meanwhile, Marc and Layla were trying to solve the puzzle of the sarcophagus which didn't go as they planned, the mans grip around her bicep didn't loosen as they approached Mogart.

"Whatever they told you." Harrow began. "I'm sure I can offer you something much more tangible." He raised his hand where the scarab laid in his hands.

Marc glared back at the man gripping Emmy, she thrust in his arms trying to get away but it was no use. "Why settle for a clue when you can have the treasure?"

"Anton. Anton, don't listen to this man." Layla bellows. "He's trying to stop us from reaching—"

"Please, stop!" Anton hissed.

"He's gonna kill millions, trust me!" Layla informed.

"Are you seriously talking about trust?" Anton spat, turning back to Harrow.

"Please, there's no need to descend into violent accusations. Each one of you had so much more in common than you know." Harrow says, reaching out to grab Emmy by the arm letting the man release his grip from her.