twelve

(ᗒᗕ)

|><|

|><|

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙻𝚅𝙴 | 𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚁𝙾𝚁

Emmy was to struck to say anything about the room they were in, the walls were lace with ancient marks pillars holding most of the walls, art printed above their heads.

"Heka priests." Layla pointed her flash light up at the wall. "Judging by their masks and ceremonial stance. They would've been entombed in here to protect the pharaoh."

Steven followed her glaze. "The heck's a heka?"

"Sorcerers of their time. They've been down here for centuries." Layla explains. "There must be some of the unlucky souls who crossed their path."

"Right, an impressive send-off." Steven continued to look around when he caught a sight of the table in the center covered with blood. "Oh, my god, oh god. Is that drag blood?"

Emmy turned around stepping closer to get a better view at the blood, gawking in pure disgust. "Isn't that little chunks of meaty bits?" Steven continue covering his mouth.

"That's real alright." Emmy picked up a stick messing around with a piece of meat, when an idea popped into her dead, she quickly turned around facing Steven with the bloody stick.

"Gosh! Emmy." Steven backed away. "You get away from me, right now."

Emmy laughed as she continued to taunt him.
"Why? It's only blood." She stepped forward holding the stick in her hands. Steven shook his head quickly reaching forward and smacked the stick out her hands.

"Gosh, you're a horrible person." Steven shook his head in disbelief with a small grin, Emmy stared down at the stick with chuckle. "Don't tease me like that."

"Marc would have laughed." Emmy mumbles kicking away the stick, turning around to Layla.

"Let's keep moving." Layla says as the three made their way to the other side of the tunnel seeing a trail of dried blood on the ground.

"Just a minute." Steven pauses. "I'm just saying what I see, and I see lots of bones and blood going that way. So I'm just thinking, like, what if there's maybe another..." Steven stepped back lighting up at the second flooring looking for an exit.

"There's an opening up there, you see that?"

"Yeah."

"Should we check it out?"

"Yeah." Layla nods, facing him. "All right, you go."