fourteen

(ᗒᗕ)

|><|

|><|

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 | 𝙶𝙾𝙽𝙴

"Come on!"

Marc Spector shouts from above the tomb steps, as his hand tighten around the Egyptian axe. Emmy watched from behind the pillar with Layla by her side, clutching onto each other hands worried.

Harrow's men came in the tomb guard with weapons all pointing directly towards Marc, slowly Harrow walks in noticing that he was the only one standing. "Just you?"

In harrows hand he held the beetle Marc's spent half his life looking for. "The rest is silence." Harrow inched closer. "I remember the first morning I woke up knowing that Khonshu was gone. The quiet was liberating."

Harrow stepped over the rocks with two men following close behind him. "You're a free man. And, of course with that freedom comes choice. And right now, you have a very important decision to make."

Harrow stared up at him from the bottom on the steps, Marc stayed silent for a moment thinking what he should do but he already knew. "Okay." He breaths out.

Harrow nudges his heads towards one of his men, to take the ushabit, but Marc quickly snatched the gun out of his hands, using the axe to stab him in the chest, then stabbing the man to his right, before throwing the axe straight into the man chest that stood in front of him.

Harrow grabbed the gun aiming it straight to Marc, shooting one bullet into his chest. Emmy flinched watching Marc slowly lose his balance until another shot was fired into his chest, Layla hands cupped Emmy's mouth muffling her cries. she could feel the tears soaking her hand.

Emmy hands tremble as his body hit the water behind him, Harrow and his team both dragged Marc to the edge out from the water checking his pockets for ushabit, once they had found Ammit, Harrow had something to say.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way. Marc Spector, Steven Grant." Harrow reached forward dropping the scarab onto his unmoving chest. "Whoever else might be in there."

Emmy hands stayed cupped around her mouth, staring at the back of Harrows head from where she hid. "Sometimes we need the cold light of death before we can see reality."

Layla caught a glimpse of one of Harrows men as he circled around the pillar they stood behind, quickly taking his gun knocking his elbow into his chest, dropping them down on the floor.

Emmy glared at the man who held Ammit's ushabit in his hands, hating him more then she did before. "Who wants to heal the world." Harrow brought his can up to the air, slowly the purple consumed around the cane, before he and his crew left.

As soon as they were gone, Emmy rushed down where she hide quickly going over to Marc, with Layla close behind her.

"Oh, my god." Emmy sobbed clutching onto his shirt, Layla wiped her nose staring down at her dead's husband body, kneeling down beside him.

"Marc." Layla spoke softly cupping the side of his face with a sob escaping her mouth before she noticed the scarab laying on his chest. Rising up from her spot, Emmy watched her round the tomb.

"We can't leave him like this." Emmy tells her, moving his hair from his face, Layla leaned down picking up a gun shoving into her back pocket.

"I know, but we can't take him with us, we'll come back." Layla says sniffing. "I promise."

Emmy nods slowly turning down to his body leaning down pressing a kiss to his forehead. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She muttered against his forehead getting up out of the water.

Emmy and Layla sat in the back of a jeep with some of Harrow's men with bandannas covering up half of their face, waiting for a moment to catch Harrow off guard where Layla is going to kill him.

Just as they approached the road with men dressed in dark army uniforms, making the four cars come to a stop, once Harrow open the car door everyone else scattered out the car and the police officers pointed their guns at them.

"It's all right. It's all right." Harrow stepped out the car shutting the door facing a office who was demanding to see his papers but Harrow refused to show him anything.

"You need to show us your soul." Harrow reminded calm with the man yelling with his gun pointing at his chest. Harrow slammed down his cane to the ground and all the Egyptian officers screamed in pain dropping to the ground.

"This is the face of a good man." Harrow says to the officer in front of him, taking his walkie-talkie tossing it away. "You don't need this anymore."

"Move the bodies out the way!" A woman says, as everyone jumped out the car doing what they were told, Emmy jumped out the car with Layla beside her slowing making their way towards Harrow.

"Don't do it." one of the death soldiers spoke.
"Layla, wait. I am the Goddess Taweret." Emmy froze at the name remembering all the stories Steven will tell on during their lunch break.

"Emmy! It's Marc who's telling you to stop." Another dead soldier spoke making the two girls weirded out and confused.

"What the hell is this?" Layla spat, glaring down at the dead body refusing to believe any of it. "He's dead."

"And I'm talking to you through dead people right now. So what?" Taweret says, Emmy hummed shoving her knife back into her boot. "Listen. Harrow is too powerful for you girls to stop him alone. If Marc— if he can return to life—"

"What did you mean "return to life"?" Emmy questioned, she didn't want to get her hopes of seeing her brother again. The soldier groaned dropping back onto the ground.

"He is going to need Khonshu." Taweret returned. "Break his ushabti. It's in the Chamber of the Gods, and you girls can be my Avatar. Marc says wonderful things about you girls."

Emmy scoffed shaking her head. "There can't be two Avatars for one God." Ignoring what she said last.

Taweret chuckled lightly. "Well, daring, I'm the goddess I can make as many avatar's as I want."

Layla shook her head interrupting the conversation.
"No, no, no. We'll fight him on our own." Layla h wrapped her hand around Emmys wrist running back into the jeep, when they began to round up.