4

2 weeks later.

Gowon's POV

6:50PM

Gowon finally met Chief Bakare. The old man actually called, said he wanted an update on their activities.

He had to wait almost 2 hours in the lobby of the Bakare mansion that day because there were so many people there to see him, in fact he would have waited longer if it were not for Sofi.

She saw him in the waiting area when she arrived. They were moving some office stuff to the house for Mr. Bakare. She looked exhausted.

"Gowon!" She recognized him.

"Hi Sofi"

"Are you here to see Chief?" She asked.

"Yes, he asked me to come here today" He said.

"So you have an appointment with him?"

"I guess" He nodded.

"Please come with me," She said while the other visitors grumbled. lol.

"Next time you come here, tell them you have an appointment. It is chaotic here, it's not like the office where everything is organized," She said to him as they walked towards the elevator. Then she lowered her voice and added "Most of the guys out there are not here for Business and he cannot see everyone today" She said in frustration.

They talked small and she cracked some jokes about George before she called one of the Domestic Staff to take him upstairs.

"Thank you so much," He said to her before leaving.

She is so sweet he thought to himself as he followed the domestic Staff in the opposite direction.

George used to ginger him to shoot his shot at her, he'd be like "That babe set die!"

But he always thought she was out of league. Not like she is too big for him he is doing great himself just that she struck him as a perfectionist, kinda prissy plus she is Wale's ex. He is not that close to Wale but still!... He wonders what happened to them though, Wale used to carry her on his head, wear her name like a badge of honour on his chest.

Anyway, It's like he will soon shoot that shot, fuck Wale he is married now, he shouldn't care. He didn't know she was this sweet and funny plus he really needs to get into a relationship to fill that void that Yinka Bakare is trying to fill. Because 'he is not understanding' why he keeps thinking about the coconut head repeatedly these days.

The meeting went well; Chief was very cool, except for the part where he low-key threatened him to ensure nothing happens to his Princess. He made it clear that no one should access the building without proper security checks, not even relatives.

"The only relative she has in the country right now is her brother Bankole and you people know him already. He then informed him that her elder brother (his first Son) is coming in next month as well.

"I'm going to give him your number so he can let you people know the kind of security arrangement he wants," He said and Gowon nodded. "He is going to be in charge for a couple of months while I am away so you will work with him and give him updates on everyone else"

Lol why didn't he give Yinka the liberty to choose the kind of security plan she wanted?

Obviously because she has coconut Head.

Banky too wasn't given the liberty to choose, but his security is not heavy like Yinka's own he is not even aware he is being followed.

Initially, he assumed the man was very strict with her own because of her activism but now it feels as though it is just because she is female. Most of her activism is keyboard activism.