5

Friday, some 3 weeks later.

2:15pm

Gowon's POV

Gowon attended Friday prayers in a mosque around Ikoyi because he had some business in the area, earlier that day.

When he got into his car, he realized how close it was to Yinka's place, so he decided to go check up on them. They are not even due for his weekly supervision but he wanted to tick it off his tasks to free up his weekend.

He called Oke first to confirm if they were around before heading towards the house. She has finally agreed to use their app and she is complying with the security protocols, he should be done with everyone there in 20 minutes give or take.

The last two visits he went for were super brief and smooth (to his disappointment), while this is a good sign that the job has taken off and they probably won't have any more issues in the future, he is going to miss arguing with her small. She is....amusing.

It is actually time for him to reassign an actual security manager to her so he can focus on much more serious stuff but he is yet to do that because there is no available Personnel on ground to take over. He was going to assign Soji to her but, Soji is going to work with her half-brother instead.

Her brother, Dare is cool (unlike her) he only wants security in Lagos in fact he was more interested in armoring his car, he did not want a Bodyguard. However, Gowon was able to convince him to go with the whole Driver-Bodyguard arrangement since he also wanted a Driver.

Another reason Gowon is still managing Yinka's case is that; his intuition is telling him to stay on it for a bit longer.

Intuition......lol He laughed at himself ashamedly because he knows that is not entirely true. The crush factor is also part of that 'intuition' but his intuition is still....valid.

The thing is, he does not trust her, it feels like she is behaving herself so they can get comfortable with her and loose guard....literally.

He got into a nasty traffic as the clouds that were building up earlier got darker. "Shit" He muttered to himself. He should have just gone home because small rain like this can create maddening gridlocks around town thanks to the shitty drainage system Lagos has.

The downpour came when he finally got to Bourdillon road and as he drove towards the street leading up to her estate he caught a glimpse of a cyclist riding in the rain on the other side of the road and he laughed wickedly.

"How stupid?" He said to himself. Why anybody would be riding a damn bicycle in this Lagos and in this rain, beats him. Like, even if the weather is good there are so many obstacles to cycling in Lagos, its either the crazy 'Danfos' hit you or some touts rob you or you fall into a gutter, the list is endless.

Then again this is Ikoyi, Ikoyi people live in a cozy bubble and are not in touch with-

Gowon slowed down his car as the smile drained out of his face because he saw golden brown kinky curly hair under the rider's helmet!

As in the rider had golden brown kinky curly hair, there is only one person he knows with that same color and texture of hair and that person lives close by and probably owns a freaking mountain bike because she happens to be an environmentalist!

(The last time he saw her, she had new hair and the tips were dyed in a nice golden brown shade, he thought it was cute and even wondered if hair dyeing is good for the environment but he didn't ask her, because that would have exposed his appreciation of her new hair lol.)