7

Gowon's POV

9:30am

Gowon couldn't get a direct flight for them to Ibadan, even with the Abuja linking there was no return flight for the same day (but he is not telling her about that), the only way she could fly there and back was on a chartered jet. However, she has ruled out private jets.

She is so difficult! he was super stressed that morning.

He went out to his balcony to smoke first, he has not smoked for about two months now because he is trying to quit. He started by abstaining for a week, then two weeks intervals then a month, this is the longest he has gone without smoking, he was doing great before this triggering situation. Although last night, he was also tempted to smoke just one because of the stressful situation Bode created for them.

Bode got an impromptu US Government job yesterday. This is something he suggested to him just last month he didn't expect him to secure contracts for them this early, sometimes he underestimates Bode's global long legs (Connection).

When he told him they were not ready and there were not enough Men on ground for the job he was like "Then withdraw the Bakare girl's men nau, they are not doing anything there". Bode then went on and on about how the job is an opportunity for them to lock in the US Embassy as a client and how they had to take the job.

Long story short sha, he spent the whole of yesterday under pressure strategizing on how to pull it off. He wanted at least 10 Men for the job; they were to escort the US Government official to Abuja for some official visit. MJ and Isa actually left for Abuja early this morning to join the team and they should be back in Lagos by 6pm.

Even if the men were on ground sef, interstate travel (By road) comes with so many preparations and arrangements. They need to establish contact with Policemen and Soldiers along the road on checkpoints, get real-time traffic situation etc. why didn't she give them enough notice FFS!

And then to top it all she has even announced her plans to the whole world, he stared at the huge 'Come join us'-banner on her website inviting the general public to the tree planting event on his phone.

So basically it's not even a private event, and it is taking place in a remote forest outside Ibadan and everyone is invited......even 'Killer herdsmen' and 'unknown gunmen (UGM)'. Seriously, sometimes he feels like it is intentional like, she wants to give them Headache, she knows what she is doing.

He wanted her to fly there so he could send the new recruits to get her from the Airport and back, he could not put her on a highway with them, he doesn't trust them enough for the task and he doesn't know them on a personal level the way he knows the men he assigned to her. Most of these new recruits joined the Company this year, and they are still in classrooms, learning criminal psychology they have not even started field training it is going to take them another 6months to be ready for something like this.

She is not going to fly to Abuja first and back to Ibadan, it is ridiculous even to him. He had to go with her because If he does not go with her, he is going to spend the whole day smoking and freaking out.

**

While waiting for her in the car he checked the duffle bag of arms in the secret compartment to see if his kit was complete then took one handgun out and placed it in the glove compartment.

He didn't need to arm himself too much he brought his armoured G63 for the trip, it has a BR 6 level of protection; bulletproof even for the baddest assault rifles out there. UGM and Killer Herdsmen will need an RPG (Rocket Launcher) to stop the car or penetrate it.