Liones 1

"Take this and you'll forget everything. Everyone you know will forget you. It will be as if you never existed. You can LIVE as if you've never existed."

Your POV

      I feel a sharp pain as a loose pebble flies across my face.

      "Move you dirty thing!" a rude voice ordered. Groaning and grumbling I sit up and look at my surroundings. I woke up here a few days ago and since then have been hanging around here.

       "I said MOVE!" the rude voice repeated as she kicked me to the side. I fell to the ground with a loud thump. My eyes shot up glaring at the individual preparing to fight. The individual shivered and then ran away. I sighed then ruffled the dust and debris out of my hair and sad excuse for clothing. There are a few things I have assessed since I woke up here a few days ago. I have the same dream every night with a dark figure offering me something. I was injured with cuts, and bruises. I would even argue broken bones that have since miraculously healed. My clothes are basically rags with holes, tears, and dirt covering practically every inch. All I have is a seemingly broken pocket watch that won't work no matter what I do. I don't know where I am. I don't know who I am. I'm lost. I'm cold. I'm hungry. I'm scared.

      A loud grumble erupts from my stomach snapping me out of my train of thought. I rub my stomach acknowledging the fact that I haven't eaten in days. I sigh sucking back in the incoming wave of tears.

      Emerging from the alleyway I kick away the loose pebble that scratched my face earlier. I gently rub the area where I received the cut realizing that it's no longer there. I remove my hand from my face and throw my tattered hood over my head shielding my eyes from the bright sun. My stomach continues to erupt in a sequence of grumbles and moans.

       "Come on down to our restaurant! Fresh food! All ingredients from Liones! Special soup only for today! Holy Knights eat free!" a large man hollered. I licked my lips at the thought of biting into a warm piece of bread and slurping down a large bowl of fresh soup.

      I rushed over to the store and then slumped over realizing that I didn't have any money. From the corner of my eye, I spotted a vacant table filled with an assortment of different foods and drinks. I inched over to the table and then swiftly snatched a large loaf of bread. Satisfied with my catch I walked over to a nearby crowd.

      "What's all this about?" a young man asked.

      "One of the Holy Knight Apprentices is going to eat at my restaurant! We already set up an assortment of meals and drinks for him!" the large man bragged. Holy Knight???

      A tall, muscular man emerged in front of the crowd. He had slicked-back grey hair a strong mustache and red and silver bulky armour.

      He loomed in front of the crowd and then smirked, "Hello Citizens, I am the Holy Knight Apprentice Lord Twigo. Where might my food be?"

       "I-It's here my lord," the large man gestured to the table which I just stole from. Sweat began to build on my forehead. He wouldn't notice one missing loaf of bread right? He didn't see them set up the table so he wouldn't even notice it.

       Lord Twigo examined the table.

      "MY food has been tampered with!" Twigo boomed, "Who dared to steal from MY table!"

       The crowd erupted and began to point and blame each other. I'll take this as my cue to leave. I carefully hug the loaf close to my chest and rush out of the crowd unfortunately bumping into a boy wearing a long black cloak. I tumble to the ground dropping my large loaf of bread.

      "Sorry about that. Didn't see you there," the blond-haired boy chuckled.

      "It's her! She has the bread," the large man yelled pushing himself through the crowd.

      I turn away from the blond-haired boy and bolt down the street.

     "Stop right there!" Twigo hollered as he ran after me. I rush down the street making sharp turns trying to get Twigo to lose my trail. I bump into a few pedestrians during the chase.

      "Stop that girl!" voices yelled from behind me. I do another sharp turn right into a dead-end. Shoot...

     "Nowhere to run now you little rat huh?" Twigo laughed.

     "How about you let this one go? It was one little piece of bread," I nervously chuckled.

     Twigo grumbled then rushed towards me while pulling out his sword. I instinctively jump somehow doing a backflip over the alleyway fence. I breathe a sigh of relief and then continue running till I reach the border of the city. I grab hold of an old abandoned ladder attached to the kingdom wall. I scramble up the ladder and then carefully climb down the other side of the wall. Nowhere in the city is safe for me with that Holy whatever running around.

      Once I'm safely on the other side of the wall I check my surroundings noticing a small hut in the distance. With nowhere else to go while being left with a flat plain of grass stretching in every direction except the Kingdom of Liones I decide to head towards the hut.