| 𝟭𝟬 |

✿

"Welcome to Wanmin! What can I get started for you two?"

Baizhu nodded at woman seated across from him, gesturing her to order first.

"I'll have the Dragon-Beard noodles, please."

"Make that two," Baizhu added, thanking the young girl as she collected the menus.

He glanced back to look at Y/N, who was staring out into the bustling main streets.

"I'm glad you finally took me up on my offer, Y/N."

She turned to face him and smiled sheepishly, ice cubes clinking as she set her water glass down on the table.

"Sorry for making you wait. I've been a little busy."

Baizhu chuckled, "No need to apologize.." his voice drifted off as he took a sip from his own glass. "I've been meaning to ask, how have you been liking your job at the pharmacy?"

"I love it!"

"Do you really?"

"Of course I do, you of all people would know."

His mouth curved into a smile, "You are quite fond of plants."

They glanced up as the young waitress approached their table, this time balancing a tray in hand, "Hope you didn't wait too long. Here's your noodles!"

They thanked her as she set down their bowls and chopsticks, refilling their water glasses before rushing off to take more orders.

Y/N's eyes widened slightly at her first bite of food, "No wonder this place is always busy.."

"You've never been to Wanmin?"

She shook her head, "I don't go to restaurants much. They're too far from where I live."

"Well, I guess I'll have to take you out more."

-✿-

"Shall I walk you to the gate?"

"I've got it from here," Y/N assured him, "Thank you for today, I really enjoyed it."

Baizhu smiled, taking a step closer, "Anytime...you know, we should do this more often."

She only nodded her head obliviously, "Mhm, and next time we'll bring Qiqi too! She'd have so much fun!"