07 | ɢʀɪɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴇᴀsɪɴɢ.

𝗪𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗗
ɢʀɪɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴇᴀsɪɴɢ.

◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥

"What happened to him..?" Luca muttered to Vox. The two were sitting on the couch, observing Mysta who was in the kitchen eating alone. Only weird thing about him is was he was less talkative, or just simply being himself. Vox shrugged at his question, also having no clue about Mysta's change of demeanor.

"(name) must've said something to him that triggered his change of demeanor." Shu came up from beside them, carrying his gun with him, preparing for the plans this day. Luca tilted his head, finding it hard for someone nice like you let down someone's mood. "I don't think I get it." He claimed.

Vox stood up, placing his hands in his pants pockets. "We'll talk about this later. We have to look for a generator so the damn printer will work." Vox walked away, presumably gonna look for you. Shu stayed standing, watching as Mysta stood up to put the plate on the sink, not even bothering to wash it.

He turned to Luca, tossing him the car keys he got from you. "(name) said you'd be driving, she's still a bit tired to be driving." He told the blonde, who swiftly caught the key's without even flinching. "We take turns driving if you get tired, just so you know- nothing happens."

Mysta entered the living room, slouching while dragging his feet lazily. "Good morning to you." Shu greeted, waving curtly at the gloomy man. "Gosh what's up with you today-?" Luca laughed nervously, not used to the fox brained male's new persona.

Mysta waved his hands, shrugging them off nonchalantly. "Just tired." He answered shortly, huffing tiredly under his breath. Luca let out a noise in questioning, not taking the gray haired male's answer one bit.

"Uh-huh... Well if you have some problems then you can come to us anytime." Luca smiles brightly at Mysta, assuring him from whatever he was feeling about. Shu also nodded at Luca's sentence, giving the gloomy man a smile as well. The latter nodded thankfully, giving them a lazy strained smile.

"I'll be at the car if you need me for something." Mysta saluted lazily, slouching his way to the garage. "He's awfully sad." Shu muttered, making a face at Mysta's aura.

"He'll probably be fine later! ..I hope."

You were seated behind the passenger seat this time, next to Mysta, and next to him was Vox

You were seated behind the passenger seat this time, next to Mysta, and next to him was Vox. You were headed to a builderware, or wherever Luca and Vox were talking about in where to buy generators.

Mysta was surprisingly awkward with you when you tried to talk to him, which was unusual but you knew why. Were you too mean sounding earlier? Too straight forward that it made him uncomfortable? Or did the change of persona just scare him away? Any of those were probably right.

You lightly nudged him, glancing at the corner of your eyes. He tensed up slightly, trying to turn his attention from the other side. "Mysta." You muttered to him, you audibly heard him curse under his breath, making you grin in amusement.

"Mysta. Mysta. Mysta."

Your whispers made him sigh tiredly. Finally, he looked at you. You smiled victoriously, happy he finally gave in after your other failed attempts to try to get his attention. "Why are you giving me the cold shoulder?" You pouted childishly, keeping a good eye contact with him.

Mysta crossed his arms, unsure of what to say. "I'm not." He answered shortly and dully, and you blew raspberries at that answer. "You are though." You whined, also crossing your arms to imitate his pose.

Suddenly the car stopped, and now you realized that you've just arrived at the department or whatever it's called. Shu went out the car first, shooting the few zombies outside camping the store. When Shu gave a signal that it was all clear, Vox and Luca began to grab the things they needed too.

Vox turned to you and Mysta, "Are you coming along?" He asked, reloading the gun just in case. Gotta be prepared for what's coming, right? After all that incident in the mall still hasn't left his brain.

"Yeah—" You cut off the gray haired male, tugging at his shirt. "No thanks! I'd like to have a talk with Mysta." You smiled warmly at Vox, while the ravenette sweatdropped when Mysta gave him pleading eyes. He began opening the door when Luca did to after he heard your statement, scared for what's coming for Mysta.

"Oh, okay then. Don't run off without us." He waved goodbye, hopping off the car, following after Luca. "Good luck, Mysta!" Luca yelled from outside, making Mysta stare dumbfoundedly at their figures that were beginning to enter the store.

You turned to Mysta, your smile long gone. "Did I make you uncomfortable? Do you not like me anymore because of what I said?" You questioned hastily, not leaving room for Mysta to answer, "no—" "Did I scare you off? Did i make you mad? Did i—"

"No! No, what- what makes you think that? Oh wait never mind that was a stupid question." Mysta immediately adds, mentally slapping himself for his stupidity. Your frown deepened, unsatisfied by his answer.

"Then why are you giving me the cold shoulder?" You questioned again, slouching on your seat. Mysta's shoulders slumped, letting out noises of embarrassment. "I- uhn. I don't know, your words earlier just struck me, that's all.." Mysta trailed off, avoiding all sorts of contact with you.

"You're lying." Your eyes squinted, glaring in suspicion. Mysta huffed, rolling his eyes sassily. "Okay, it just irked me how you trust me that easily even when we've just known eachother for 3 days." Your head titled to the side, confused. "What do you mean?"

He exhaled roughly, dragging his hands down his face dramatically. "I don't really like how you trusted me that easily. Fuck, even not just me, it may be also include other people!" He groaned loudly, falling back on the car seat exhaustedly.

You let out a noise of realization, finally getting a hold of what he's been meaning. "..Are you jealous..?" He glared, rolling his eyes in annoyance. "I'm being completely serious here."

So like, what does he want you to do? Not trust him anymore? Orr, be more pessimistic?

"Do you want me to not trust you?" You faced the male, doing all the movements yourself if he doesn't want to move in his place at all. "Well not technically. I just want you to be more cautious sometimes, y'know? Be less trusting and stop taking in total strangers from the streets like they're cute little puppies." He muttered, slouching lazily. Why does he sound jealous right now?

You nodded. "I see.. but just so you know, I am taking in Shu's friend though." You muttered the last part hurriedly, as a matter of fact. Mysta sighed tiredly, "Of course you will."

"He sounds smart. He would be a great part of our group." You continued, glancing at his tired expressions cheekily. "Uh-huh. I'm definitely still following up."

You grinned, nudging his shoulders. "You're a pretty great part of the group too." Mysta scoffed in amusement, his brows raising. "Oh really? Enlighten me about it, if you must." He challenged, his chin raising slightly upward.

You faked a deep hum of thought, with your hand cupping your chin. "Hm, well you're funny." Mysta deadpanned. Why was he expecting something more better? "You also have good aim though too, did you know that?" Your head tilted, waiting for the male's answer.

"Well I'm not really sure about that—"

"Oh shut up, you're good at aim. You're also pretty sly too, it's pretty hot." You clicked your tongue, not sparing a second to see and hear Mysta's reaction when you opened the door and jumped off.

You were on your way skipping inside the department, looking all giddy and energetic as if you weren't just pouting earlier.

Mysta sighed, cheeks flushing in embarrassment. You're getting bolder and bolder each day, aren't you?