25 | ᴍɪᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʀᴀɴᴄᴇs.

𝗪𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗗
ᴍɪᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʀᴀɴᴄᴇs.

◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥

"Here is where you'll be staying (lastname)-san." The AI showed you and Ike a cold, empty smile with the same unblinking eyes. She stood infront of the door to the room you'll be staying, before she swiftly turned around and revealed a big master bedroom. Surprise?

"Yaomoto-san doesn't really have the kinds of rooms you see bad people give hostages in movies. So you may take one of the guest rooms." She continued to smile, with her hands neatly postured behind her.

Ike nodded, grabbing your shoulders to get you out of your dazed out trance, averting your attention from the room. "Well, thank you uh.. Lynx?" The said female nodded, and Ike continued, "for showing us our room, but we can take it from her from now on." He smiled, almost threateningly.

The AI nodded at his words, detecting his emotions. "Very well then. If you request for my assistance, you may just give the telephone on both sides of the bed a call." She added, before bowing then taking her leave.

Ike made sure she left the hallway before he gently grabbed your hand to lead you in the room, ignoring the fact you we're in your tiny little trance again. He shut the door behind you, softly tugging your hand to snap you out of your daze.

"You okay?" He asked worriedly, gently rubbing his thumb on the palm of your hand reassuringly. You tilted your head, mindlessly intertwining your fingers with Ike's, looking at him in confusion. "Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" You questioned the worried male.

His brows furrowed, looking at your face for something..?

"Well you kept getting distracted in the past few minutes. Like you were in a trance and you won't get out of it unless I make contact with you..?" He said the last part unsure, not knowing if you understood.

"In what way?" You questioned, looking in his eyes. He sighed, pursing his lips into a thin line, trying to form his words in his head. "Like— when I grabbed your shoulders earlier, and when I held your hand right now. When Lynx was still leading us in our rooms and you looked like you we're distracted from something, you didn't respond to me back when I called out to you." He mentions, making you confused.

"Well I'm okay now, am I not? It's probably one of the side effects the sick bastard mentioned. I did hit my head pretty hard after all. Although I don't know if getting distracted by your thoughts are included to the side effects of when you hit your head." You shrugged nonchalantly, making Ike shake his head at your casual way if talking.

He continued to furrow his brows and darted his eyes all over your face to look for signs of discomfort, or lying perhaps.

"You may say you're okay right now, but please if you see something that feels wrong in those trance of yours, please tell me." He says worriedly, letting go of your hand to pat your head with the same hand you held. You nodded at his words, although you admit you've already forgotten half the things you saw in your trance because of this conversation.

You followed Ike to the bed, watching him stop in his tracks at the same time you heard a sigh.

"This is very cliche." He pointed a hand at the only bed in front of him, looking back at you to look at your attention. You grinned in amusement at his words, patting his back and belly flopped on the queen sized bed, feeling it's softness with a small delighted sigh.