Chapter Seven: Unpleasant (18+)

No matter how much time had passed between the clicking of the lock and now, my body continued to remain as still as a gargoyle. The only thing that was still audible was the ever racing heart pounding within my chest. It seemed to not matter how much time had passed between Chisaki invading my home and now; my heart and body could not begin to comprehend the current situation that I'd found myself in. 

I had just hugged my daughter for what might be the last time. No phone or money to my name at the moment. And there was now an internal struggle racing through my mind; I had but only two options. The first was to allow the oceans of tears to escape down my cheeks and stain my face. The second was to somehow find a way to escape, through surveying my new surroundings and deciphering what Chisaki's motives could potentially be. 

The internal grapple between the two decisions was fierce; however, the first option had won. Slowly but surely, salty tears dripped down my cheeks, creating trails of damp skin within the makeup that had been pressed into my cheeks only mere hours before. Within seconds, pathetic sobs had begun flooding through my lips as my knees buckled, striking the hardwood floor. My fists thrashed and thumped against the wood as more tears ran down, now also washing the tiniest spots on the ground. In my life time, this was one of the only moments where I had truly felt alone. 

Somehow, it did not take long before my pathetic sob session ceased. Logic had begun to fight back, grappling with that overwhelming, feeble urge to bawl like a frail child. Sniffling hard, I look around the room through my now reddened, tear hazed eyes. 

The dark hardwood floors underneath me aligned with off white walls that enclosed the space in somewhat of a wide shoe box. To my far left resided what I could only assume was a full sized mattress resting upon a dark wood frame that somewhat matched the floorboards. Just before the end of the bed was another separate door, that remained closed and led to only God knows what. Beside the bed sat a matching, dark wood nightstand with what I could only assume was the cheapest of lamps that one could easily discover at a discounted department store. Then, to my far right was only a mere set of matching, wooden double doors that also remained closed, contents concealed from my sight. 

A small yet determined huff breezed through my nostrils as I eased myself from my pity party on the floor. Making haste towards the double doors, I swiftly brushed one of them aside only to find a metal bar just above my head. It housed hangers full of different ensembles that contained plain colored shirts, leggings, other pants and sweaters. Just inches from my feet were a second set of flats, nearly identical to the ones I now wore. At the sight of the identical footwear, my brows furrowed as I slowly backed away from the ajar closet door. 

"How does this freak know what shoe size I even am?" I muttered to myself and the empty room. 

"You forget how clear my memory is," My head snapped around to meet the gaze of the freak in question. He had opened the door and closed it once more behind himself, with him now leaning against it with his arms crossed. I slowly turned my body completely around to face him, not wanting my back turned to this psychopath even for a millisecond. 

The ridiculous, flamboyant bomber jacket and plague mask were a somewhat distant memory; he remained now in the long dark dress shirt but a plain black face mask still concealed his face from sight. Crossing my arms over my chest in a similar manner, I remained silent for several minutes. I was curious to see if he would muster any sort of sentence without my doing so first. However, he remained quiet; his thin, gold irises remained transfixed upon my figure, not faltering for a second. Whatever motion my body would carry out, Chisaki seemed determined to witness.