being a teenage superhero

Cathleen » Sindy

being a superhero isn't as fun as it sounds.

everyone complains about not being a superhero and not having powers, but it's work.

you aren't sure of what your official power(s) is until you turn 16. so that means i can have telekinesis for a day and then electricity-manipulation for a week. it's like superpower-testing.

once you turn 18, your power(s) mature. it's not always the power you want. every superhero has two unless they're a creator of powers or they were born of a non-super and a super.

i just recently turned 16 and got the power of shapeshifting (i'm thankful i can transform into anything that has matter) and speed. although those two can come in handy (hah, unintentional pun), i wish i had different ones, like luke's. luke was directly given his powers by calum's dad, who is the creator of powers (best way to describe him is the president of the superheroes), and they were flexibility and flight. those go great together, unlike shapeshifting and speed.

when something bad happens, which happens way too often, you get a tingling feeling, like spider-man has spidey-senses.

we teenager superheroes have to excuse ourselves from class (the teachers don't know about us, just that we have a chronic peeing disorder and that they have to let us go)(the teachers couldn't care less if we all went at the same time, it's convenient yet stupid), change into our damn superhero outfits and go to the roof of the school where we all meet. if a teacher catches us in the hallways, they couldn't care less; they just need to know we have a hall pass.

once we get to the roof, we use our powers to get to the place where crime is present, which is literally everywhere but i can't change that. so windy, or what non-supers call her, taylor, just whirls us to our destination and we're there in about five seconds.

[a/n: ba-dum tss]

so we get there, kick the villian(s)'s ass or asses (could have a double ass, i don't know), and the mayor greets us with a smile. that's the same agenda just about every case.

the australian government knows of supers, but they don't know our identities. they honestly couldn't care less. as long as we save the city and help clean up the mess villains have made, the government lets us stay. it's not like the incredibles where we superheroes get relocated after something happens with our powers. there is no superhero relocation act of 1997 or something. we live among the non-supers; we're considered normal to the government.

also, our masks cover our eyes, yet we can still see. the superheroes can see through the mask, so the people looking at us can't see our eyes. just covering the area around our eyes like in the incredibles is pretty stupid in my opinion (but that movie, nonetheless, is kickass).

there is no school for superheroes like sky high. i wish on the stars above that our mad-smart superhero scientists come up with a school like that. but as much as we want a school like that, we can't.

that pretty much sums up being a teenage superhero.

»

so yeah these first few chapters will be intros to the characters from their perspective and they won't alternate in order or anything. it's random.

also thank you so much for already 50+ reads

I really want to thank brighteyedirwin and NaturalEchos for voting and adding this story to their reading lists, which caused others to do so, but again thank you two

so yeah next chapter is up next saturday

see you then

gaby