two

| Z-DAY — THE CAFETERIA |

So Junghwan and Lee Soojin looked around them, seeing their schoolmates crazily jump on each other, biting chunks of flesh out like it was the norm. 

The female moved closer to her best friend, gripping onto his arm as a student fell at their feet, seemingly dead, until they shot up with white-glazed eyes, blood running down their chin.

"W-We have to go!" Junghwan pulled on the younger's hand, the reality settling in as he tried moving somewhere safe. "Come on!"

"San. Sannie?!" Soojin called out, looking around the chaos, trying to find her brother. "Where's Cheongsan?!"

"Jinnie! Get here, you fucking idiot!" The female's head shot towards her brother's voice, sighing in relief when she saw her brother with his best friend.

Junghwan and Soojin ran towards the others, quickly climbing on the tables, nearing the windows as they tried to escape. "Give the girls a boost. I'll block the students," Cheongsan ordered, pushing the brunet towards the windows.

Part of Junghwan wanted to disagree with the statement about the 'things' being students but realised there was a place and time for everything — and clearly, this wasn't the place or time.

The four teenagers ran through the zombie-infested school, having no time to think twice as they kept coming across a wild student at every corner. Junghwan intertwined his hands with Soojin's tightly, pulling her along with him so they were together.

As soon as Cheongsan's eyes landed on the flatbed truck, he turned towards Junghwan; the latter understanding what the simple look conveyed instantly. 

The brunet climbed to the top before leaning against the wall as he bent his knee a little, giving a boost to his friends before climbing up himself.

Even amidst the chaos, Soojin found time to dust off the area she stepped on Junghwan, shaking her head when he responded with a playful wink.

Nothing in the world could stop the Jung-Soo besties from playing around with each other — not even a zombie virus outbreak.

| Z–DAY — THE CLASSROOM |

After coming across their classmates and crashing into the class, Yoon Isak dusted off the extinguisher powder off her friends after hugging them, sighing in relief to see they were doing alright.

"I tried searching for you, but Nayeon pulled me with her," she confessed, causing Soojin to raise her brows. "Okay, she may have used me as a human shield, but I'm in one piece, you know?"

Onjo let out a deep breath, still in shock as she hugged her friends again, glad they were alright. Soojin returned the hug, patting the younger's back before watching the others discuss what was happening.

"Are you okay?" Junghwan asked the brunette, scanning her for any injuries. "Are you hurt?"

Soojin shook her head, managing a slight smile. "I'm okay. What about you?" She checked, touching the male's shoulders lightly. "Are you okay, Hwan-ah?"

"Of course, I'm fine. I'm So Junghwan."

"Gosh, you crazy jerk."

The two best friends had wide smiles on their face, relieved to be in each other's presence after what they went through. A bang on the glass pane pulled them out of their trance, settling their attention on their classmates who were climbing through the window.

Soojin instinctively turned towards Onjo upon seeing Suhyeok, sighing lowly when she saw the way the younger's face fell as she saw Namra. 

Junghwan, hearing the low sigh, merely nudged the female, raising his brow with a surprised smile as if to ask if that was what she was worrying about amidst everything.