six

| Z–DAY — THE EMPTY CLASSROOM |

The teenagers ran through the corridors, trying to get to safety as quickly as they could. Lee Soojin eyed the doors they passed, cursing her luck, as every door had a lock on it.

And they didn't have time to be breaking a lock with a zombie on their heels.

"Shit!" She muttered as she felt the other fall behind her, scurrying to pick her up. "Come on!"

Nayeon froze upon seeing the zombie, a sense of déjà vu overwhelming her as she scooted away, unable to get on her feet.

Without a second of hesitation, Soojin did what she had to, ramming against the zombie as she gave her classmate enough time to move.

"Soojin-ah!"

"Run, Nayeon!"

Though she somehow got herself to stand, Lee Nayeon watched with a horrified expression, unable to run away and just save herself.

Not after what Soojin did to save her. Her hands shook at her sides as she looked around, trying to find something to defend her friend with.

And then it happened.

For the split-second Nayeon had looked away, her attention was brought back as Soojin let out a scream filled with agony.

Before the younger could even comprehend what was going on, the zombie was thrown to the side, freeing her from its grasp.

"Jinnie, are you okay?" Junghwan snapped Soojin out of her trance, relief flooding her as she heard his voice. "Come on, let's go!" There was no time to catch up, with the male dragging his two classmates to safety.

The trio ran as fast as they could, making their way into an empty classroom. Junghwan made sure the girls were inside before closing the door, ushering them to the storeroom in the class as he looked around to see if the coast was clear.

Turning around to check on them, the male raised his brows upon seeing Nayeon fall to her knees, crying uncontrollably.

"Yah, Lee Nayeon. Get yourself together," he muttered, not knowing what to say or do. "Why are you crying? We are safe now, aren't we?" His confusion only rose when the elder shook her head, pointing at the other female.

"S-Soojin got b-bit."

Silence filled the room as the teenagers took in the situation, stilling in their places as they looked at the youngest. 

Lee Soojin held her breath as she stared at the bite mark on her arm, tears burning in her eyes as she turned towards her best friend.

"J-Junghwan, I am—I should leave." She stood in her place, moving away from the others. "Hwan, stop. Let go." She tried to pull her hand away from the male as he took his tie, tying their hands together despite her struggle.

"None of this would've happened if you didn't come for me." Nayeon choked the words through her tears, doing what she found easy; blaming Soojin. "Now look what happened!"

"I couldn't just let you die."

"But you should've."

Junghwan furrowed his brows at what Nayeon said, looking at her with a harsh gaze. "Soojin risked her life to save your ass. The last thing she wants to hear right now is you telling her she should've left you to die." His voice was low, anger clear in his tone.

"But, I–"

"Before you say anything, let me. You can stay in here while we stay in the class. She's tied to me, so you don't have to worry about her coming after you. Lock the door after we go if it makes you feel safe."