ten

| Z+1 — THE EMPTY CLASSROOM |

"I really want to live, Cheongsan. But if it's gonna be like this, what's the point?"

The classroom fell silent, no one daring to speak as they watched Lee Soojin cry.

Cheongsan could only hold his sister in his arms, unable to figure out what to do as he tried to console her.

And on the other side of the room, Onjo protectively crouched in front of their class president, trying to convince their classmates that she was harmless.

"Namra would have blood on her mouth if she bit him," Onjo muttered, loud enough for everyone to hear. "She's still fine, so she's okay."

The raven-haired female was mildly surprised, looking at the younger in confusion. "Why are you taking my side?" She asked. "It's weird. I thought you hated me."

"I still do. But what's wrong is wrong."

Junghwan took over Cheongsan's spot, patting his girlfriend's back while her brother checked out their best friend.

Despite their fighting, Cheongsan looked at Suhyeok, checking him for any sort of injury — lowly sighing when there was nothing.

"Are you okay?" Junghwan asked softly, brows etched with worry as he looked at the female leaning against him.

Soojin smiled, the tear streaks on her face now drying. "Haven't turned into a zombie yet, so I'm doing great," she answered.

The male winced at her words, frowning. "You know I didn't mean it that way," he muttered, pushing the hair out of his girlfriend's face.

(jisoos someone keep a track on how many bloody times i am making sure we all know soojin and junghwan are dating 😭)

"I know." Soojin gulped, chewing on her bottom lip. "I'm scared."

Junghwan knew where this was going, and he really didn't want the younger overthinking, so he used his best skill; the art of distraction.

"Me too." He nodded. "What if the zombies fall in love with you and try to take you away from me?"

Soojin chuckled, realizing what he was doing. "We might have to break up, then." She played along. "And I'll have to find a handsome zombie boyfriend." She smiled, feeling at ease as she saw him smile.

"I'd get bit by a zombie just to be your handsome zombie boyfriend, you know?"

Lee Soojin leaned forward, placing a small kiss on So Junghwan's lips. And just as she pulled away, he leaned closer, capturing her lips in another kiss.

It's gonna be fine. We'll still have each other, yeah? It'll be fine. I love you.

The words that couldn't be expressed were all conveyed in just a simple kiss.

| Z+1 — THE EMPTY CLASSROOM |

Junghwan and Soojin, along with Suhyeok and Namra stayed away from the others, not wanting to create any more issues between them.

Their worries were valid, and there was nothing they could do about them while trapped in a school amidst an apocalypse.

Junghwan opted to stay with his girlfriend, letting Cheongsan sit with Onjo, seeing as she was having a hard time controlling the others.

All she wanted was to make everyone feel comfortable, but she herself didn't have anyone to lean on ... except for Cheongsan, that is.

"Hey." Daesu looked around. "If Soojin and Namra are immune, does that mean they are okay even if they get bitten?"