nine

| Z+1 — THE EMPTY CLASSROOM |

Even after getting bitten by a zombie, Lee Soojin found reasons to laugh, courtesy of her brother and her boyfriend. Both Nayeon and Soojin were thoroughly entertained, thanks to their bickering.

"I never thought you'd get with my sister, little moo moo," Cheongsan muttered, shaking his head. "The betrayal is real."

"Well, I mean–"

Cheongsan interrupted Junghwan. "I'm just kidding. I knew you had a crush on her. You weren't exactly subtle about it," he commented. "Plus, if Jinnie is happy, I'm happy too," he added.

The twins exchanged glances, with Cheongsan mimicking the smile his sister had on her face. "Thanks, Sannie," Soojin muttered.

The quad flinched when the door to their class opened, revealing their classmates. Quickly getting on their feet, smiles took over their faces upon seeing the others.

"Cheongsan-ah! Junghwanie!"

"Gyeongsu-ya!"

The best friend trio reunited with a tight embrace, relieved to know they were alive and well. Cheongsan broke apart from the hug, not seeing the person he was expecting.

"Where's Onjo?" He pushed away his best friend, getting muttered curses in response, but nothing mattered as soon as his eyes laid upon the female. "Onjo! Are you hurt? Are you okay?" He asked.

Without a warning, Onjo kicked the male in the shin, earning surprised looks from everyone. Except Soojin. She outright laughed in her twin's face.

"I told you not to go," Onjo scolded. "Why don't you ever listen?"

Daesu intervened. "Hey, save the lovers' quarrel for later. Let's go," he announced, helping Cheongsan to stand.

"Go where?"

"We have to get to the rooftop before the music ends."

Everything was happening to fast, but out of the corner of her eye, Soojin smiled upon seeing Gyeongsu and Nayeon talking. It wasn't an everyday occurrence, and seeing the surprised look on the male, Soojin could only guess that Nayeon apologized.

"Wait, they are leaving." Junghwan pulled on his girlfriend's hand, gesturing for the others to follow them as they rushed outside. "Stay by my side, okay? Don't–"

Their escape was cut short upon Suhyeok and Namra running towards them, zombies hot on their trail as they tried to get to safety.

"Go in! Go inside!" Suhyeok yelled, holding onto Namra's hand as they ran. "Hurry!" The students got back into the class, quickly shutting the door.

Everyone was accounted for, and they took whatever precautions they could, closing the curtains to hide themselves from the zombies.

"We can't make it... to the rooftop, can we?" Hyoryung asked, breaking the silence. "We're trapped again, aren't we?"

Suhyeok looked around, catching his breath. "There are zombies outside, so ... let's think a little," he stated.

Onjo stood beside her best friend, finally getting the time to talk to her. "Onjo, are you alright? You are doing—ow!" Soojin's mouth fell open upon getting punched by the younger.

"Who told you to run out of the class, huh?!" Onjo didn't notice the cloth on the elder's arm, annoyed with her as she repeatedly punched the same spot. "Do you know how worried I was?! How worried Cheongsan was?!"

Soojin winced, biting back the pain she felt. "Ow, ow. Either use your hands or your words! Don't use both!" She retorted, oblivious to the makeshift bandage slipping down her arm.