fourteen

| Z+1 — THE SCHOOL'S ROOFTOP |

Lee Soojin sat alongside her friends around the fire they finally made. The weather was nice, but the company of the others made pretty much everything better.

So Junghwan smiled as he looked at his girlfriend, gently wrapping an arm around her. The brunette's cheeks heated at his gesture; she was not really used to the skinship in front of their friends.

Sure, they did the same things before, but now that they were dating, Soojin felt like everything was happening for the first time again.

"Wah, look at these two!" Daesu exclaimed, halting his song to scold his friends. "Right in front of my single-pringle eyes."

"Sorry," Soojin apologized, moving away from her boyfriend before being pulled into his embrace again. "Yah, stop it."

Junghwan shrugged, unashamed. "I mean, it's not my fault you guys are single, right?" He argued. "So, please leave me and my Soojin alone. Thank you very much."

"Wow, he really said 'my Soojin', damn."

"Aw, our little moo-moo has grown up."

"Bro, stop. I might just puke."

Wujin waited until everyone settled down, wanting to ask the question that was troubling him. "Okay, but like, how long have you guys liked each other?" He asked.

"Probably since we started high school?" Junghwan guessed, not really remembering how long he crushed on his best friend.

Suhyeok shook his head in disagreement. "Actually, it was since middle school," he corrected. "I remember because you told me about it when we were preparing for our middle school talent show." He smiled, replaying the memories in his head.

Cheongsan chuckled, nodding. "Do I look cool? Will Jinnie notice me? Is this shirt too weird?" He mockingly repeated the exact questions Junghwan had asked them back then.

"Yah, don't be like that." Junghwan laughed, playfully hitting his friends.

Hyoryung smiled. "What about you, Soojin-ah? When did you realize you liked Junghwan?" She asked.

"When I was nine or ten years old, I think."

"Wah, so you liked Junghwan before he liked you?!"

Soojin shrugged, a nonchalant smile on her face. "I'm pretty sure my parents have video footage of me saying I want to marry him ever since I could speak," she stated, hiding her face in her hands when everyone cooed.

"It is true," Cheongsan agreed, smiling endearingly as he watched his sister and best friend. "Both our parents knew from the very beginning that these two were gonna end up together."

Junghwan sighed. "And here I thought I'd done something special when I confessed my feelings, oof." He shook his head, looking unimpressed.

The teenagers shared a good laugh, forgetting about their worries for the night as they exchanged more stories, making sure to tease their friends at every chance they got.

"Wait, so two out of the golden trio boys are dating?" Daesu commented, turning towards Cheongsan. "Sannie, what about you?"

The brunet's smile faltered at the question, not knowing what to say. "Well, I mean, I'm not really dating anyone," he answered, feeling awkward.

"But is there anyone you like? A crush, maybe?" Hyoryung pestered, grinning teasingly when the male's eyes widened at the question.

"Yeah, I guess so."