Chapter 5

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Pond's POV

I parked my car in my usual spot at Gun's building's parking lot.

Ever since we were officially together, he had allotted that extra space for me, because each tenant was given a two car parking spot by the building administrator.

I noticed that Gun's car was not yet in the parking lot.

I wondered where he was. Was he still at the university or did he just get stuck in the late afternoon traffic.

I wished for the nth time that my parents had agreed for me to transfer to Gun's university. It would have been so much easier for me to keep track of his whereabouts.

Hey, where are you, sweetheart

I had texted him for the sixth time. Still no response.

I got out of my car and walked over to the building lobby.

The receptionist smiled at me. She was already familiar with my face because of how often she had seen me enter the building with Gun.

I sat on one of the benches by the wall.

I waited a few more minutes before deciding to call him. I hoped however that if he was driving when my call came in, that he would ignore my call and focus on his driving.

After several rings my phone went to his voicemail.

Good. That meant that he was already driving back to his unit, that's why he had ignored my call.

After about fifteen minutes, I looked into my phone screen to check the time. Shouldn't he have been here by now? Ohgod, I hoped that he had not gotten into any road accidents or violent road rage incidents. It was rush hour and motorists were on edge and easy to lose their temper.

I glanced at the TV screen against the wall above the receptionist's counter. The evening news was on. Thankfully there was no news about any road accidents or road rage incidents.

Where the hell was Gun???

I had been planning to invite him to have dinner with me at my apartment. I had already stopped by a Korean restaurant and bought a take out dinner for two. I had ordered his favorite Korean bibimbap and bulgogi and two large bottles of kiwi strawberry juice.

If he got home late, we would have to reheat the dishes and eat them in his apartment instead of mine.

I noticed the receptionist eyeing me curiously.

"He's not answering my call," I said to her even though she was not asking anything. "I have texted him and called him several times. I'm not getting any response."

"Is it possible that he's avoiding you?" she asked.

Oh shit, I had not thought of that possibility. But what reason would he have to avoid me? I had not done anything wrong for him to get upset with me. And if he got upset with me over anything, he should at least communicate with me, and not leave me wondering what's going on.

I frantically went through my mind any particular events that might have triggered Gun's anger towards me.

Last Sunday afternoon, after I had dropped him off at this building, I had gone to meet up with my childhood friend Phuwin. Long before Gun's birthday celebration, Phuwin and I had made arrangements to meet at the neighborhood cinema to watch the latest Spiderman movie. Gun was not into those types of movie but I was, so it was an opportunity to watch the movie with my childhood friend.

After the movie Phuwin and I had parted ways.

When I got home, I called Gun and we chatted as usual before saying good night.

The following morning, Monday, I texted Gun during my break between classes but I did not get any response from him. I assumed that he was busy with his studies.

By afternoon, when I still didn't get any response, I assumed that he was busy doing research at the library. He was a graduating student so it was normal for him to spend hours at the library.

But by this time of the evening, he should already be home.

I was starting to get worried. Should I report him as a missing person to the police?