Chapter 17

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Party POV

 "I felt warm," Mark explained when Gun walked back to the living room and stared at him wide eyed when he noticed that Mark was shirtless.

"I'm sorry, but my apartment does not have centralized air conditioning," Gun explained. "It's only my bedroom that has an air conditioning unit."

"Then let's cool off inside your bedroom, if it's okay with you," Mark suggested.

Gun thought about it for a few seconds before saying, "Okay."

"Why don't you take off your shirt as well, to cool off faster, and then just put it back on when you have cooled down enough," Mark suggested, already tugging at the hem of Gun's shirt.

"Whoa, whoa," Gun moved away. "I can take it off myself."

"Oh, okay," Mark backed away putting his arms up in the air.

Gun pulled his shirt upwards and over his head and tossed his shirt on to his bedroom chair.

"Can I sit on your bed and rest against the pillows on the wall?" Mark asked.

"Sure," Gun replied, following Mark as Mark walked towards the bed.

Mark and Gun sat side by side shirtless on Gun's bed.

Then Mark pulled out his phone from his pocket and offered Gun one of his ear pieces.

"I want you to listen to this song," Mark said. "Tell me what you think about it."

Gun accepted the earpiece and pressed it into his ear just as Mark tapped on the song that he wanted Gun to listen to.

A/N: The YouTube video above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

After the song ended, Mark turned to Gun.

"What do you think about it?" Mark asked, studying Gun's face intently.

"I like the melody," Gun replied.

"What else?" Mark asked.

"I also like the beat," Gun said. He was unable to meet Mark's eyes. He just kept staring at the bedroom wall ahead.

Suddenly they heard the front door buzzing.

Gun jumped out of the bed, happy to get away from Mark's interrogation.

He opened the door, forgetting to peep through the eye hole first.

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Pond stood at the door, holding a big brown paper bag with a thick paper handle.

The smell of delicious food wafted to Gun's nose.

Pond stared at Gun's bare chest but did not comment on it.

"I brought you an early dinner," Pond said. "It's my way of saying sorry for the unhappy way that we parted the last time. I was hoping we could eat together."

Suddenly Mark walked out of the bedroom, still shirtless.

"Who's at the door?" Mark asked.

Pond's eyes looked like they were going to fall out of his face.

Then without a word he turned around and started to walk away.

"Wait, Pond!" Gun ran after Pond. "I can explain! It's not what you're thinking!"

Pond waved Gun away in a dismissive gesture.

"I don't wanna hear it," Pond said. "Stay away from me, Gun."

"For good," Pond added as he stepped into the waiting elevator.

Gun turned around and bumped into Mark who had been following Gun closely.

"Who was that?" Mark asked.

"My boyfriend," Gun asked, and then corrected himself, "no... my ex boyfriend."

"Your current boyfriend, or your Ex boyfriend? Make it clear to me," Mark demanded from Gun, stopping Gun from walking any farther by holding his arm firmly, almost tightly.

"I'm not sure," Gun replied with a shaky voice, his eyes filling with tears.