Chapter 7

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Boat's POV

I had just placed the last spoonful of the delicious nasi goreng into my mouth when my phone sounded with a text notification.

I'm at the gate of your building

I jumped out of my chair and while still chewing my food I rushed down to unlock the gate and let him in.

"What are you eating?" he asked when he noticed me chewing my food.

"You don't wanna know," I said.

He grabbed my neck in a choke hold.

"Tell me," he insisted.

"Nasi goreng," I relented.

"Shit, why didn't you tell me that you were making nasi goreng???" he looked upset.

"But you insisted that you wanted to eat at your campus," I tried to defend myself.

"Now I want to have some nasi goreng, too," he said with a pout.

I couldn't resist that pout. Well, whatever expression he makes on his face, it always makes me weak in the knees.

"Alright," I said. "I will make you some."

"I will help you cut up the ingredients," he offered.

There were too many moments when we were preparing the ingredients when we both could feel the tension building between the two of us. I tried my best to ignore it and I knew that he was doing the same.

I am going to regret having that second plate of nasi goreng. I will have to spend extra hours at the gym burning the unwanted fat that I took into my system.

"I appreciate you giving in to my request," he said after dinner. "You always make the best nasi goreng."

"I will do anything for you," that just popped out of my mouth.

There was a tense awkward silence after that. I had to do something.

I quickly walked over to the living room.

"Let's watch the evening news," I suggested.

He walked over to the living room to join me. He sat on the couch close beside me, too close for comfort.

I turned the TV on knowing that whatever was on the screen was not going to sink into my brain. I wondered if the same was happening with him.

When I couldn't stand it anymore, I turned to him.

"Why are you here, Gun?"

"You don't want me here?" he countered, already standing up from the couch.

I pulled him to sit back down.

"You know that's not what I meant," I said, fixing him a stare. "Start talking."

"He's cheating on me," he said without any preliminaries.

I was speechless for a good minute and a half.

"How do you know for sure?" I finally found my voice.

"I saw with my own eyes," he said.

I was expecting him to cry on my shoulders but his facial expression looked distant and cold. He just sat there staring at the TV screen.

Suddenly I had an idea.

"Let's burn the extra calories that we ate on my stationary bike," I said, standing up from the couch.

"You go first," he said, remaining seated and continuing to stare at the TV screen.

After fifteen rapid and intense minutes on the stationary bike, I stopped and said "Your turn"

Gun stood up from the couch and walked towards the stationary bike.

"I will take a quick shower while you're on the bike," I said.

I stood under the water telling myself over and over, "Stay calm. Stay in control. You can do it."

When I got out of the shower, Gun was still on the bike working rapidly on it.

He was panting hard when his phone started to ring.

He walked over to the coffee table where he had left it and picked it up.

"Who's this?" he said, still panting hard from all the exertion on the bike.

"Oh, okay," I heard him say as he sat down on the couch.

After a few seconds he said, "But I told you that I would text you when it's available."

He looked tired and sweaty so I went over to stand behind him and started to knead the muscles on the back of his shoulders.

He seemed to like it because he closed his eyes and leaned back a little to let his back meet the pressure on his muscles.

"Aah..." he moaned a little. "... Boat ... aah that feels good... so good... yeah."

Then I heard him say on the phone, "Okay, bye." and started to chuckle after he tapped on the red X.

"The idiot thought that we were having sex."