Chapter 16

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

With a fast beating heart, Mark followed Gun into the lobby of his apartment building where they waited for elevator service to take them to the third floor where Gun's unit was located.

Gun entered the code into the keypad outside his door and pushed it open.

He held the door open for Mark and motioned for Mark to come inside.

"Thank you," said Mark with a big and grateful smile.

Gun tossed his car key  into a small copper bowl at one end of the kitchen counter before turning to Mark and saying, "Coffee, tea or me?"

Mark's eyes opened so wide that it looked like they were going to fall off his face.

Then he started walking slowly towards Gun with a naughty gleam in his eyes.

"I was kidding! I was kidding!" Gun said in a panic.

Mark's face fell.

"Don't tease me like that ever again," he scolded Gun.

"I'm sorry," Gun said, his panic dissolving when he saw that Mark was not going to come any nearer to him. "What I really wanted to ask was how do you like your coffee, with cream or sugar or plain black?"

"Plain black, please," Mark replied.

"Okay," Gun said. "Make yourself comfortable on the couch in the living room while I prepare it."

"Thanks," Mark said, walking into the spacious living room and settling down on the couch.

"You can turn the TV on and watch anything while I prepare our coffee," Gun called out from the kitchen.

"Thanks," Mark said again as he leaned towards the coffee table and picked up the remote and turned the TV set on.

There was a tearful drama going on and Mark watched as a couple was saying good bye to each other in an airport scene.

Mark started to get caught into the story.

By the time that Gun walked into the living room with the two cups of coffee, Mark was wiping off tears from his eyes.

"What happened?" Gun asked anxiously.

"Oh, it was just this TV drama I was watching before you came," Mark replied, smiling sheepishly.

Gun set down the tray with the coffee cups on to the coffee table and then picked up the cup without the cream and sugar and handed it to Mark.

Gun was about to pick up his own coffee cup when he noticed that there were still some teardrops on one side of Mark's face.

He leaned towards Mark and wiped them off with his thumb.

Mark had just taken a sip of coffee. Mark started coughing as it went down the wrong pipe. He had not expected that kind gesture from Gun.

Mark set down his cup on to the coffee table.

"I'm sorry," Gun said. "I didn't mean to make you cough."

"No, no, no," Mark said. "It's not your fault. It's just I wasn't expecting your kind act."

"Oh, you don't think that I'm a kind person?" Gun raised an eyebrow at Mark.

"I honestly don't know what to think," Mark replied. "I will need some time to know you better."

Mark looked intently into Gun's eyes and Gun did the same.

Suddenly, there was some kind of tension in the air.

Neither one of them could decide what to do next.

Then after what seemed like an eternity, Mark tentatively reached out to touch Gun's face.

Gun stayed still. He continued to look intently into Mark's eyes.

When Mark leaned closer, Gun moved just a tiny bit closer as well.

Suddenly the front door buzzed loudly.

"What the hell," Gun muttered as he stood up from the couch.

"Surprise!" Boat exclaimed from the doorway when Gun opened the door.

"I ... I ..." Gun started to stammer.

"Did I come at a wrong time?" Boat asked when he noticed Mark on the couch.

When Gun did not answer, Boat said, "Yes, I think I did. See you another time."

"I thought you said that you couldn't hang out with me this evening," Gun said.

"Things got finished quickly and so I thought about coming round tonight." Boat explained.

"You should have called ahead of time." Gun said.

"I know and I'm sorry." Boat said. "But don't let me keep you. See you tomorrow instead?"

"Sure," Gun replied and closed the door when Boat started to walk away.

When Gun walked back into the living room, his eyes widened in shock when he noticed that Mark was shirtless.

"I felt warm," Mark explained.