Chapter 2

I'm not a good person. I'm certainly no hero, and I don't want to be. I'm a thief. That's all I am. No noble intentions, just the thrill of breaking what they say can't be broken. I've stolen for corrupt jerks, and for what a crappy apartment on the side of town. The high is nice but it wears off. I've learned that the hard way, nothing nice lasts forever...or does it?

I sit here awaiting instructions from Edward, or maybe I was contradicting if I should do this. I don't know maybe curiosity was killing me. My phone buzzed in my pocket, I looked down in shame grabbing my phone. A new message from Edward. "Jewelry Store 5 blocks down East, rob what you want and lead the Bat here." "Okay, but how-" "Don't ask Questions Cat or I'll kill you when you get here as well." I've never felt more comfortable. I listened to what he has asked and was on my way there. My thoughts were empty, and my heart was dull but I couldn't agree more. Robbing was one of my favorite things to do.

I reach the location where Edward asked me to rob, it wasn't as big as I imagined but, it was full of security. Edward sure does know how to waste my time. I carefully carve out the glass with my nail sure to not leave any evidence. As I walk to the safe I'm sure not to step on any traps that might be laying around. No sign of the Bat, and just as the thought leaves my mind, I hear glass shatter behind me. Well, well, well, the big bad bats finally made his grand appearance. "You sure do know how to keep my night occupied Catwoman," and you sure know how to keep a girl on her toes Bats. I ran to the corner of the room before he could say anything else, he stopped and looked at me. "Don't do this?" he said in a deep low concerning voice, and with that, I smiled, I broke the window and escaped like a mouse. He eventually made it to the roof, and with that, the chase began threw the city. All this time on our hands made me wonder about him, why was he so devoted to chasing me, had he thought about me at night the way I thought about him. I managed to bring him to the location that Edward had instructed me to.

"Batman!! how nice of you to join us" Edward said, "What games are you playing Nigma. "I'm not playing any games, Batman, you are the one playing the game this time." with that a loud explosion shook the grown knocking me to my feet, I looked around to see Nigmas plan. That plan was me. "Let me go, Edward." "Don't struggle or you'll fall kitty." I looked down to notice the 100 feet fall he was about to drop me to. I glanced over to see batman staring at us, I could see how angry he was. I hoped he hadn't seen my noticeable blushing. "Let her go Nigma or face justice when I turn you in." "Justice?!? Your a joke and not a funny one Batman, you care so much about the people who don't care about you. He glanced and me, and the sense of guilt fled my body once more. "LET HER GO NOW." "As you wish batman" and just like that, everything was a slow picture, falling apart second by second. I could see it all, and for once in my life, I felt hopeless. I opened up my eyes once more to see Batman diving a few inches behind me, and for a moment I believed I was saved.. none the less I was wrong.