Chapter 4

When I managed to open my eyes for the second time I wasn't in the same room as before. I was lost more now than earlier. I was in an actual bedroom, I had figured I had seen my blood and got dizzy from that and passed out, but I wasn't quite sure. I managed to glance around. When my eyes met the other side of the bed I saw a body next to me, I squinted my eyes and was in shock when it turned out to be "BRUCE" I shouted. He woke up startled. "Selina?" "Sorry Bruce, I'm just lost you can go back to sleep." "no no I'm fine I'm glad you're awake, how are you?" his body turned to me, I looked at him, my eyes met him as I examined his sleepy face I could tell he was barely awake, my eyes shifted down his neck to his chest, his toned body made me lose my breath for a second, I could see all his scars, I think I had been staring, he chuckled "They all have memories," he remarked. I quickly looked up meeting his gorgeous eyes. He turned back around facing the ceiling. I was frozen so I just did what he did. "Bruce," I said, "yes' he replied in a soft mumble, "why did you save me" I did mean it when I said it, why did he save me I don't know him and he doesn't know me so why? there was a brief moment of silence, he mumbled "do you know my story Ms. Kyle?" I thought for a moment trying to recall his story but of course, I knew the public Bruce Wayne but his story I wasn't quite sure, I finally replied "no. I don't." he took a breath and closed his eyes while I stared at him. "I was little, I was just a boy and for as long as I can remember my parents were my whole world, I remember them like it was yesterday, I remember the day my parents would take me to the movies I remember seeing them doing everything for me. I smile briefly when I heard that, he continued, then the night hit the night that all changed I remember it like it was yesterday Ms. Kyle I remember seeing my parents dying I remember seeing them being shot and killed like they didn't matter to anyone, but they mattered to me and they were taken cold-blooded from me. I could see he was getting tense his jaw clenched, I remember them killing my mother, letting her delicate body hit the floor. He glanced over at me, "that's why I saved you Ms. Kyle" I flipped over on my back, thinking about what he just told me, I never knew Bruce Wayne was the sensitive type, "I remember my parents, I remember my mom I told him, she tried so hard to give us the best life, until her depression caught the best of her. I miss her every day, I lay there fighting the tears, I could tell he felt concerned. "thank you for saving me Bruce" I whispered. He glanced at me "your welcome Ms. Kyle" turning his body, "get some rest" you need it he said. I sat there for a second I couldn't move I was frozen in my thoughts, had I told him too much or had he told me too much, I don't know but what I did know was that he trusted me to tell me that story and I felt honored. I looked at him once more seeing his chest move up and down with each breath he took and I felt at ease like he was my safe place. I scooted towards him, laying my head on his chest, as I got more comfortable I eventually placed my arm there also, I felt his arm move and he placed it on the back of my head which comforted my wound I smiled and drifted to sleep.

A bright light woke me up, as I opened my eyes I realized the sunshine was shining threw the window, I closed them gently smiling as I recalled last night in my mind. I eventually turned over to see Bruce was gone. The happiness faded into concern, sadness I couldn't tell, as I got up yawning I opened the bedroom doors to the most delightful smell, "breakfast" I exhaled sharply, and I took a walk to wherever that delightful smell was coming from. I opened the doors to the room, to find Alfred in the kitchen cooking. "Alfred," I said "I'm so sorry to barrage in like this I woke up and was alone and didn't know where to go, but boy does that smell amazing!" he laughed, "its alright M.s Kyle Master Bruce asked me to cook you some food." "wow thank you Alfred this is all a girl could ask for" he laughed again, which made me smile. "speaking of Bruce I don't mean to bug, but do you know where he is?" he looked at me curiously, "master Bruce had to rush to work." I nodded "sounds like Bruce Wayne I said." he smiled, I sat down looking around at the kitchen it was so nice I'd never been in such a nice home before, Alfred came by to serve me, "wow Alfred this looks amazing," I said "he glanced at me "your very welcome Ms. Kyle, Master Bruce informed me to tell you, to look around the manor if you'd like and he will be home shortly." I nodded, Alfred smiled and walked away, I looked down at the plate and smiled.

After eating, I Made my way threw the kitchen into the dining hall, wow this is where I must have been the first time I came here, I looked around at the empty pool table, and at the mantle, and to my surprise, a huge painting was hanging there and I had no idea, I walked close to examine it, I realized it was the Wayne family, I glanced at each one of them, but my eyes were glued to his mother. I stared at her for a second I could see so much of her in Bruce. I frowned whispering under my breath, "I'm so sorry Bruce" I continued my walk as I reached a door I wasn't familiar with I slowly opened it not sure what was on the other side, I peeked in to see an office, I eventually stepped in and boy was it big, I walked around to see Bruce's Trophies from his old schools and his degrees to his colleges, I smiled and continued to look around, I eventually made it to his desk, I didn't want to snoop but what was the hurt right? I slowly picked up the first paper on his desk, A receipt for a new McLaren Elva, I rolled my eyes and smiled "like Bruce Wayne needs a new car," I picked up the next paper, and as my eyes met the print, my heart began to race and I felt butterflies in my stomach not the ones you normally feel when you're excited, my eyes filled with fear, I glanced once more to make sure my eyes weren't playing a joke on me. Casefile titled Selina Kyle I opened the document to see all my information where I lived all my criminal charges, my eyes filled with tears, as I dropped the papers on his desk I turned to the leave the room but was stopped dead in my tracks I looked up with shier panic in my face. He was standing in the door frame.