Chapter 10

As night fell to morning, the day had come the one that would change my life forever, looking down at my ring. I can't believe this was happening it still felt like such a blur, as I turned around feeling the bed empty, "Screw this shit" I said grabbing my robe from the door and running down the hall. I opened the guest room to see Bruce sleeping "Bruce" I whispered, he opened his eyes, lifting his head. "Are you okay?" he looked at me with concerned eyes. "I'm scared Bruce," "why baby? talk to me." he grabbed my hand trying to comfort me. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I said, "I'm not a good person, I'm a thief, I'm no spitting image of a Wayne", I said with tears in my eyes. He pulled me in close to him, I could hear his heartbeat, "You are all I've ever wanted Ms. Wayne." Did he just call me Ms. Wayne for the first time? I glanced up to see him smiling at me, I could see his eyes moving towards my lips. I was going to enjoy these few hours before the wedding.

I impatiently waited for my time to walk down the aisle to a dozen of family and friends to the prince of Gotham. I was beyond nervous, but I was more nervous for Bruce to see me in my dress. I hope he loved it. As the door opened, my heart skipped a beat, as I walked down the aisle, I could feel all eyes on me, but I didn't care as much as seeing his eyes on me. As I approached Bruce at the alter he turned to glance at me, I stared into his eyes to see he was crying, I whispered to him, "Are you okay?" "You're so beautiful," he said in a low tone, which made me smile. When it was time for our vows, Bruce took my hands, slipping the most beautiful black diamond on my hand, "MEOW" I said out loud pulling him in and kissing him. "NOT YET" everyone chuckled, "Sorry, sorry!" I said as Bruce and I smiled, "continue Mr. Wayne" the priest said, "Selina, I, make these lifelong promises to you: I will love you and be faithful to you, I will stand by your side in darkness and in light, I will Lift you up when I am strong, and lean on you when I am not. I will build a family with you and teach our children to value the things we hold precious in life. I will give you a ring and will wear mine proudly as a symbol of our love which has no beginning and will never end. From this day forth, you are my cherished wife." I started crying, as he smiled wiping my tears away. "And you, Ms. Kyle," the priest said, I wiped the last bit of my tears away taking a deep breath. "Bruce", pausing as I started crying again, I could hear everyone awing which made me even tearier, I tried once more. "Bruce, may you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. If you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of my life. And if you must cheat, then please cheat death, because I could never live a day without you. I looked up meeting his eyes, as the tears started rolling down his cheeks, I wiped them away as he grabbed my hand on his face kissing them. I looked at everyone sobbing, and I knew I belonged. "You may now kiss your, "Bruce grabbed me and dipped me kissing me before he could finish. "Mr. & Ms. Wayne, everyone," he said.

At, the reception, I felt a bit more anxious, there were so many people at our home it felt so overwhelming. Bruce took notice of this coming to my side and excused me from the people I was talking to. "What's Wrong?" I said to him, he took my hand leading me to the front door. As we made our way around the manor, I finally asked him, "where are we going" he smiled at me stepping in front of me. His gaze met mine as he whispered, "Cant I have my first dance with my wife" as he stepped from in front of me, I could see in the distance the most beautiful set of hanging vines covering the most beautiful dance floor I smiled at him as we got closer. When we reached the floor I slipped off my heels, as he put out his hand. "May I have this dance Mrs. Wayne" I laughed as I reached out, he placed his hands around my waist as I crossed mine over his shoulder leaning my head on his chest, I could hear his heartbeat again as he leaned down to kiss my neck. "How did I get so lucky," he said, I glanced up at him, smiling I placed my head back down on his chest as we dance to the sounds of the night. "I love you" he whispered in my ear as he ducked me, my eyes widened as he smiled "I love you too" I replied as he kissed me. Don't be sad my friends, you didn't think are story ended there.. did you?