Chapter 5

I stood there frozen, unable to move, why was he staring at me, how long had he been there? My emotions got the best of me, as I ran cupping my face so he couldn't see the tear streams going down my face. I pushed him away and started running. I heard him calling after me "Selina!" I continued away from him, running down the stairs while he was rushing not far behind me. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs him still at the top, he called once more "Selina!" I turned to him exposing my face so he could see how hurt I was, his face changed to a quick disappointment he shouted "Please let me explain Selina, it's not what you think." I wiped away the tears disappointingly realizing none of this would have happened if I hadn't let my guard down. I swiftly made my way to the front door, as he continues running down the stairs, I run and run without thinking, how could I think? my mind was just as empty as he left my heart. I ran never stopping or looking back, and I surely regret that. If I had just taken a minute to realize my surrounding, but I couldn't hear the long honking coming from my right I couldn't hear the screaking of the tires slamming so hard on their breaks, as I finally came back to reality I had been too late, preparing myself for what looked like my death, as the car got closer and closer I felt my weight being pushed to the side, I had no time to react, all I had time for was to look at him. Bruce.

I heard buzzing in my ears, and people screaming and shouting, when my vision came back, I got to my feet as fast as I could. I ran to see the aftermath hoping it was just a dream. I saw him, his shirt covered in blood, I rushed to his side, "BRUCE" I yelled as I shook him, I put my head to his heart, and at last, my fear dropped he was breathing, I picked him up carrying his arm over my shoulder, "hang in there" I said to him, he nodded. I stumbled back to the manor as I reached the front door I saw Bruce's face get droopy. "ALFRED" I screamed as he opened the door. "Dear God," he said grabbing Bruce's other arm while we carried him inside, Alfred had asked me what had happened, and I told him everything from the moment I picked up the paper, a look of disappointment swept over his face, I trembling asked him, "Is he going to be okay?" he nodded, taking care of his wounds, "M.s Kyle master Bruce needs rest he will be alright the both of you need to take it easy." he said, which brought me some sort of comfort, "this is my fault" "surely it's not M.s Kyle" I met his eyes "if I hadn't run away none of this would have happened" he sighed, "you mean something to him if he was willing to risk his life for you Ms. Kyle talk to him, I'm sure what he did, he had good intentions, I promise." I smiled, as he left the room.

I finally had a moment to think, to go over all of what had just happened, I sat down at the end of his bedframe staring at him. Why did he have this file on me, I looked at his chest going up and down again. I questioned him, whether he was trying to get in my head or was I really something to him, we just met and I already felt like he was home. I got up from sitting and moved the chair in the room next to the bed by his face, I looked once more at his face up close I gently put my hand on his face caressing the side of his face, he was so handsome even in the worst moments. I whispered under my breath, "I'm so sorry Bruce", I started tearing up, feeling more guilt than I could explain, "I'm so so so sorry, I wish I had never run away, I wish I never looked in your office, I wish I never walked into your life, than none of this would have happened. I started baling now as I laid my head down on the side of his bed, I sobbed for what felt like hours, I lifted my head tears still running down my face to look at him, I smiled seeing him sleeping so peacefully, I caressed his face once more looking at him, I whispered in his ear, "your my hero" than kissed his forehead. I looked down for a moment. I felt a presence softly touch my chin lifting my head, "Bruce" I said excitingly, he took his thumb and wiped my tears away from my eyes.