Chapter 6: Sparkling City

[Yeonjun's aunt's house]

Soobin and Yeonjun are sitting in front of his aunt's computer screen. Beaming with joy, they tell their three best friends about the latest events via video chat.

"I'm telling you, he's the best!"

Soobin points at Yeonjun, highly praising his acting. Flattered, Yeonjun holds both hands in front of his face, while Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Hueningkai are cheering on the other end of the line.

 Flattered, Yeonjun holds both hands in front of his face, while Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Hueningkai are cheering on the other end of the line

"I'm impressed you actually made it!"

Beomgyu can't stop grinning.

"Yeah, really. And you're acting like it was the easiest thing in the world!" Hueningkai interjects.

"It wasn't, believe me. My aunt is still mad about the bike. The chain is fixed now, but the scratches will probably stay."

"Thanks for taking it all on yourself, really."

Soobin pulls Yeonjun closer by his sleeve giving him a tight hug. Not everyone would have done that for him, that's for sure.

 Not everyone would have done that for him, that's for sure

"But that was just the beginning. Now your dad has to do the rest."

Taehyun says hesitantly.

"I'll meet him later. I'm curious what he's going to tell me...he'll scold me for sure."

"If he really does, it was still worth it."

"Yes, he'll thank me in the end."

[Taehyung's apartment]

Jungkook quietly takes a look at Taehyung's modern apartment. He's relieved seeing only one toothbrush in the bathroom; no indication that he might be with someone. When he's done inspecting the bright and neat rooms, he takes a closer look at the photos on the walls.

Nothing suspicious, just pictures of Taehyung's family, some friends, and... BTS. It's the last photo taken of BTS, the baseball game, the Tigers' victory. Could it mean that Taehyung probably had a picture of Jungkook hanging on his wall through all these years? This thought brings tears to his eyes.