Chapter 8: Sparkling Fireworks

"Soobin, are you serious?"

Taehyung stands close beside Jungkook as he calls Soobin without hesitation. The laughter on the other end of the line is so loud that Jungkook doesn't even need to turn on the speaker.

"Hahahaha. Well, that was an unexpected surprise, huh?"

"But...Soobin...you could have discussed this with us today."

"Then it wouldn't have been a surprise anymore. It's much funnier this way. Hahaha. I would have loved to see your faces."

Taehyung taps Jungkook's shoulder with his index finger to claim his attention for a brief moment. Then he whispers in his ear that this surprise is way too much. Jungkook nods in understanding, confirming that he agrees.

"That's really sweet but giving away two Disney tickets is just too much; we can't accept that. And by the way, where did you even get the money for that?"

"Dad, it doesn't matter now! (Cheers to the best mom, Namjoon, Yoongi, Jin, Jimin, Hoseok, as well as Yeonjun's family for a small donation) The tickets are booked, and there's nothing you can do about it. You can't cancel them either, so don't even think about it. Thus, you have no choice but to accept your good fortune."

Jungkook rubs his fingertips between his eyebrows in perplexity. He has no idea how to deal with the whole situation.

"Then we'll give you the money!"

"Out of the question! A gift is a gift! You wanted me to organize the vacation for us. So, the four of us are going to have a great day at Disneyland tomorrow, AND it gets even better!"

Taehyung and Jungkook exchange worried glances. At this point, they can't imagine what Soobin has come up with next.

"In case you guys forgot, tomorrow is New Year's Eve. That's why Yeonjun and I thought that we could combine these events. In other words: We're staying at Disneyland tomorrow, celebrating New Year's right on the spot. SURPRISE!"

"But-"

"Don't try to argue, Dad. Tomorrow at 9 AM, we'll pick you both up to take the train directly to Disneyland. So, you should better pack your bags for the hotel tonight. See you tomorrow!"

"Soobin-"

*beep-beep-beep*

Jungkook has no words. When his speechless gaze meets Taehyung's beautiful eyes, he almost drops his phone. The whole situation feels surreal and he still doesn't know whether to be mad, grateful or just happy about this surprise. He decides to ask Taehyung, seeing nothing but confusion in his face.

"What do you think about it?"

"I think that I don't deserve all of this."

"Tae..."

"You guys just came into my life and completely turn my everyday life upside down."

Jungkook isn't quite sure how to take that statement.

"I'm sorry..."

"No, that's not what I'm trying to say. I was lonely, Jungkook. I had nothing but my music students. The friends I made here are all very busy people with their own family lives. I don't want to bother them. Instead, I prefer not to keep regular contact. So, I was alone...the whole time...until you came."

A loud bang makes their bodies shake for a second. Jungkook was unable to hold his phone any longer after hearing Taehyung's words. Many would have probably checked it immediately for any scratches or cracks, but not Jungkook. He prefers to give his full attention to the man of his dreams who has returned to his reality. He raises his hand to tenderly place his palm on Taehyung's cheek.