Epilogue: Sparkling Rings

"Yes, I do."

The groom whispers with a trembling but soft voice. Accompanied by a smile full of honesty and love, he looks deeply into the eyes of his future husband. In just one breath, he lets the "future" become past with a sparkling ring he's putting on his finger. Their new life as a married couple begins at this very moment.

Soobin can no longer hide his tears of joy at the sight of his happy father

Soobin can no longer hide his tears of joy at the sight of his happy father. Together with the wedding guests, he stands up to applaud the newlyweds. He looks to the left, then to the right side to observe the reactions of the others. They cheer, laugh, cry... an interplay of different emotions.

In the crowd, he also recognizes his mother, who seems to be just as happy for his son's father. When she returns Soobin's gaze, the corners of their mouths are drawn even more upwards. Ji-eun nods as if she wanted to say: "You did well." Dimples adorn Soobin's face as he looks forward to his father again.

Nervously, Jungkook suddenly grabs the microphone lying on a little desk in front of him. Embarrassed, he's looking at the floor while his smile doesn't fade for a second.

"I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for celebrating this wonderful day together with us. But there's one special person I want to thank in particular."

His eyes stop at Soobin. Words could never describe how much he loves him and how infinitely proud he is of his son. But he would at least like to try to express his gratitude with words.

"I would like to thank my beloved son, Soobin, for everything he has done. Because of him, I was able to find this wonderful man after twenty years, with whom I want to spend the rest of my life. Thank you! I love you with all my heart."

"I love you too, Dad."

Soobin can't stop the tears of joy streaming down his cheeks. Like father, like son. Jungkook, too, struggles hard to keep his voice from breaking away.

"But even he couldn't have done it without any help. Thus, I also want to thank the best friends I could ask for. I want to thank every one of you, Namjoon, Yoongi, Jimin, Hoseok, Jin, for helping Soobin. And thank you for always being there for me all these years. You guys are the best!"

BTS cheer and clap as Namjoon's gaze moves to Soobin. He gives him a thumbs up while nodding, which only makes Soobin grin even more.

"Also, I want to thank Ji-eun for being the only one who dared to tell Soobin about Taehyung. This beautiful journey wouldn't have started without you. And Yeonjun, I haven't forgotten about you. Thank you! I'm glad Soobin has such a great friend like you. Of course, the same goes for Beomgyu, Taehyun and Hueningkai."

This time it's TXT who give cheering shouts close beside Soobin.

Jungkook addresses the next words directly to Taehyung.

"It took us years to find each other, but this long journey was worth it, and I don't want to go this path with anyone else but you. I love you."

"I love you too."

He lovingly strokes the hand of his husband, who's moved to tears. Then, Taehyung embraces Jungkook, enclosing his lips in a tender kiss, not stopping smiling for a second. After the kiss, Jungkook pays attention to the audience again.

"Ji-eun once said: 'Fall in love. Allow this wonderful power to take possession of you because there's nothing more beautiful than to love and to be loved. And when you're sure that you've found that one person who completes you, never let this person go.' Today I can say she was right..."

His gaze shifts back to his husband.

"...thankfully, I've found you again. I promise that I'll never let you go."

"And I promise that I'll never leave you alone."

They seal this promise with another heartfelt kiss.

After the official ceremony, the wedding guests, one by one, congratulate the newlyweds.

© Code of Practice 

Finally, Soobin can embrace his father.

"I wish you all the happiness in the world, Dad. You're the best."

"I can't thank you enough."

"Just stay this happy forever. That's all I ask for."

In the course of the wedding ceremony, BTS celebrate their comeback after more than 20 years. United as seven members, they enchant the wedding guests with their magical music.

Jungkook and Taehyung aren't always present, as they have other duties to fulfill as a wedding couple. Among others, the cutting of the wedding cake, the official wedding dance, or the guest's amusement through various games. From time to time, BTS is also replaced by TXT so that good music is always played during the day and night, so everyone gets the opportunity to dance, drink, and eat.

As the wedding slowly comes to an end, Taehyung and Jungkook are still dancing. Jungkook's hands rest gently on Taehyung's waist, while Taehyung's hands fall over Jungkook's shoulders. Lost in each other's eyes, they are accompanied by the fondest memories.

"I'll never forget this day."

"I'll always remember how we lost each other and found each other again."

"I'll never forget our story."

"I'll always remember us."

- THE END -

- THE END -

Book cover made by @_BLACKSPADESZ