Scar's Regret

*Cara Flashback*
(5 Years Ago)

"Dad. Dad. Dad. Dad. Dad, are you awake?" Cara whispers, trying to not to alarm her father, whilst trying to shake him awake.
"What do you want, Princess? It is far too early." Scar groaned.

"But we don't want to be late for the ceremony." She said, rolling onto her back next to Scar.
"What Ceremony? Go back to sleep."
"The one Mufasa-"
"WHAT HAVE I TOLD ABOUT SAYING THAT NAME AROUND ME!" He growled, shaking the walls of the cave, now fully awake and standing tall, looking down at the terrified cub.

Raising his massive paw, his claws out, as Cara coward back into the corner, realizing what he was about to do Scar stopped himself, looking back at his daughter in guilt, as he put his paw back down.

"I-I'm really sorry, father, I-I forgot. Please forgive me!" Cara trembled, still pressing herself into a corner.

Scar felt awful, he had never raised a hand to his daughter. Ever. He was never really angry when he mentioned Mufasa's name, but they had argued the day before, and he knew it wasn't her fault.

"No, princess, it's me who should be asking for forgiveness, it's me who should be sorry. I don't know what happened, but you do know I would never hurt you, right." He spoke, gently nudging her head with his nose, trying to comfort her.

The young cub nodded slowly, calming down, as her father licked her head.

"Now why don't I make it up to you and teach you how to hunt, would you like that." He asked softly.

"I'm okay. . . I'm tired anyway, I think I should just stay here." She replied, quietly, looking at Scar as he nodded. He said he would be back in less than 2 hours and walked out of the cave.

Scar sighed, he knew why his daughter didn't come with him and it broke his heart, he had scared her, he had been going to hit her, when he would rather die than lay a paw on her.

"Oh, Leyah, if only you were still here, my love."