Chapter 1 *

This story is being rewritten! Please check out the new version.

10 Years Ago

I was sitting hiding in my closet with my mum. I have no idea what is going on. the only thing i can hear is my dad downstairs shouting what is going on?

My mum is hugging me close while whispering things in my ears to calm me. why am I in here?

Then all of a sudden there was a crash downstairs and I screamed. "Shh its OK" my mum kept whispering in my ear. where is my dad?

"Rachel you have to listen to me" I turned to face my mum. she had tears streaming down her face as she looked at me seriously even though she was trying to stop the sobs from leaving her mouth. I nodded my head, not trusting my own voice. "I want you to climb out of your window and what ever you do don't stop running" I starred at my mum shocked. She can't do this!

why would she even say such a thing? I AM not leaving them here!

"w-why" I stuttered why would she want me to do this?

"it's not safe here-" my mum was cut off with the sound of glass shattering and my dads shouting. even though I might be 8 years old... I know who it is with my dad.

you see, my parents are Vampire Hunters. yes you heard right. and downstairs with my dad right now is one of them. as soon as my dad saw them coming he told my mum to take me upstairs and hide.

"you have to go now it's not safe" my mum was crying, she pulled me close and kissed my forehead. "I love you Rachel, don't forget that" I pulled away from her and wiped my tears away. "I w-wont"

I stood up with my mum and mum ran to the bedroom door. she stopped and looked back at me with tears streaming down her face.

"go" then she was walked out of the room and her footsteps fading as she neared the staircase.

I ran to my window and opened it. A cool breeze swept in but I don't care I have to get out of here. As soon as I climbed out of the window and on the ground I heard a scream. Mum.

But I can't go back, she said it was not safe, so i ran. As far as I could. But one thing stayed in my mind. I know who did this and one day I will get my revenge.

Present

The only thing I dream about every night is what happened 10 years ago. I was 8. I am now 18 and to you I might be just an ordinary girl but I am not, I am a Vampire Hunter out for my revenge on the evil creatures who killed my parents.

There was a knock on the door "come in!" Louis walked in and sat at the end of the bed "you okay?" I nodded my head and played with the sleeves of my shirt "just having trouble sleeping"

Louis placed a hand on my knee "are you sure you wanna hunt?" I nodded my head and got out of bed "I'll be fine" Louis's parents were the ones who found me that night and looked after me. I didn't find out that his parents were vampire hunters until I was twelve. Louis has been with me through everything over the years and that is why he is my best friend.

"Okay" he walked over to the door "we're leaving in about 20 minutes" I ran a hand through my hair to tame it "I'll be down soon"

"are you okay?" He's always been worried about me. All of them have since I'm the "baby of the group"

I sighed "yeah just a little tired" he didn't look convinced but he left it.

"oh okay we will be downstairs waiting" and with that he walked out of the room closing the door behind him.

I sighed again and got out of bed. I walked over to my closet and picked out my usual. White tank top, black skinny jeans, black boots and a black leather jacket. as soon as I was done with my make up I walked down stairs to see everyone was ready.

"you ready?" Kelly asked.

Kelly. my other best friend. I met her a few years ago when she was being attacked by a vampire as well as her brother, Michael. since then they have stayed with me and Louis.

I picked up my stuff which I left at the bottom of the stairs. which contained guns, knives, steaks you name it.

"yeah" I replied heading for the door. They all got their stuff and walked over to me by the door. Louis looked at me

"lets kill some vampires" with that Louis opened the door and we all walked into the night, going to find some bloodsuckers.