10 | Embarrassing..

I found myself sitting alone later that night tapping my fingers to the rhythm of the music blaring out of the speakers. Some people were dancing, some were chatting with their mates, some were drunk off their arses and some were watching the football game displayed on the TVs. But me? I was bored out of my mind.

Willow had left me a little while ago to search for, and I quote, 'my future hubbie' and I haven't seen her since. I haven't seen anyone since, to be honest. I tried looking for my brother in hopes to hang out with him.

Nothing.

Tried searching for his mates? Maybe they'll keep me company.

Nothing.

I even tried looking for Mason Mount at one point. I just felt so bored I needed someone to occupy me. But I couldn't find him either. Loads of guys had tried to approach me or have joined me in sitting down but I hadn't bothered to show interest in them, too worried about my brother, so they eventually got bored and walked away. The whole place had crowded a lot since we'd arrived which made it a lot more difficult to find familiar faces but I still tried to search.

I was so fed up at this point I was about to call an Uber for myself but I decided to scan the room one last time.

"No Willow! I need to tell you my secret!" I heard a familiar voice scream out. I turn to the source and saw my brother attempting to climb on top of a table but was failing miserably. He was incredibly drunk, black out drunk by the looks of it and the sight made me jump out of my seat almost immediately and rushed to my brother's side. The last thing I wanted was for him to end up in hospital tonight.

"Get down Andy! I already know your damn secret!" Willow was getting second hand embarrassment from the scene Andy was making and she looked around to see that all eyes were on her. Her cheeks turned red as she turned back around to try and stop him from embarrassing her even more.

"But I need the whole world to know!" He successfully got up on the table and stood with his hands wide open as though he was ready for a fat hug, "I lo— Ow!" I grabbed him by the ear and forcefully dragged him down from the table. "What are you doing!?"

"Stopping you from embarrassing yourself." My tone was low but was still poisoned with anger. My brother always manages to go way too overboard when it comes to alcohol and I was beginning be to get sick and tired of always having to save him from doing something disastrous. This was partially the reason why I agreed to come in the first place; to babysit my older brother. I continued to drag him until we were out of the pub and called for a taxi.

"Thanks for saving his ass. He's been like that almost all night." I hadn't even noticed Willow had followed us out the door.

"You were with him the entire time?" I asked her as my brother attempted to get out of my grip. "I thought you were trying to find your future hubbie?"

Willow stumbled on her words, "I was.. but I couldn't find any so I just stuck around your brother.."

I was about to scold her for not going back to me instead of hanging out with my brother but I was interrupted by a rough tug on my right arm. My brother's insides came spewing out onto the side of the road and I was unfortunately brought down with it.

"Are you fucking serious, Andy?" Thank god I had enough balance to save myself from falling into the puddle of vomit. "God, you could've warned me."

—————NORA'S APARTMENT—————

"Fuck sake Andy, you gotta help me out here. I'm just carrying dead weight!" I was dragging my brother into my apartment while he was acting like a complete ragdoll on the brink of knocking out cold. I knew he was still awake based on the loud groans he responded with and it only made the situation more annoying. After an agonising amount of stairs and many aching muscles, I finally threw my brother onto my couch not bothering to give him a pillow or a blanket. He was asking for it. I felt exhausted after today. I got out of my super tight jeans and replaced them with comfy pyjamas and hopped into bed, thinking about how I managed to bump into my worst enemy twice in one day.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

I woke up the next morning by my name being called— no, screamed out from what sounded to be my kitchen. I stirred in my sleep thinking nothing of it and attempted to doze off again but suddenly felt a small headache arising. That was until I heard a loud crash coming from the same area. I quickly shot out of bed and ran to the noise imagining somebody robbing the place but was only met with the worst sight of my brother I had probably ever seen. His hair was disheveled, huge bags under his eyes and the most unpleasant look printed on his face. He was the epitome of hangovers.

"God Andy, I thought you were a burglar!" I scolded him. I ignored the many pots and pans scattered on the floor and joined him in the kitchen to make myself breakfast.

"I need paracetamol. Now." As he said that, I realised I also had a headache, a little more minor than his though..

I opened a cabinet revealing the magical drugs and gave it to him, "yeah, I can see that. You look like shit." I watched him as he sat on one of the stools near the kitchen island. He looked up to give me a sarcastic smile but immediately regretted it after feeling all the weight on his head amplify. A comfortable silence filled the air as I continued to make breakfast for the both of us while my brother was scrolling through his phone, probably checking how many numbers he managed to pull last night.

"What the?" My brother mumbled. I sat a plateful of food in front of him, showing him my confused expression, "since when did I get Mason Mount's number?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. I recalled them talking for a little bit last night but I only saw it as friendly small talk or as my brother bothering him and just wanting to talk to him because he's famous.

ping

I looked over to my side to see that I've received a text from an unknown number.

_____________________
From
* * * * * * * * * *

Hey there's a party going on at ***** street
***** **** and you're invited if you want to
come

There's free food and drinks

And me 😉😏

It's mason btw

Mount

_____________________

The better question was,

How the hell did Mason Mount get my number?

______________
Little filler chapter x

Vote + comment 🤍