🌼 Torts + Shy!Reader: Yay! A new friend!

Y/N: Your name
H/L, H/C: Hair length, hair color
E/C: Eye color
T/T: Tribe type
F/C: Favorite color
F/M: Favorite mythology (if you don't like mythology, the book can be about whatever.)
(As per requested by Madgical, 1 out of 3 of your requests done!✨☆)
---------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person POV:

It was a cloudy afternoon in Mixel Park, Y/N had sat themselves underneath a tree as they had read a book about F/M. Y/N, as a young T/T mixel in their past, had a hard time making friends. They were not always one to approach others first, as they had worried about making a fool of themselves. Y/N would always be reading a book of sorts, wether it was about mechanics, monsters, or even myths, they had their head somewhere else! They had always seen themselves as sort of shy, but they try their best to be kind, and not come off as rude or scared.

Y/N looked at the sky, more so a glance, their E/C gaze had seen that the clouds were light and fluffy. They always wondered what it would be like to float through the air and soar through the clouds. They soon heard footsteps behind them. 'Must be a Mixie cat...' Y/N pondered to themselves. They looked back in their F/C book about F/M. As the footsteps persisted, Y/N recognized something off. The footsteps seemed bipedal, and not that of a quadrupedal being, and had more of a thud than a light pitter patter.

Y/N's head spiraled into oblivion, as their panic had to be masked quickly! They didn't recognize the footsteps that approached them. Y/N continued to read their book, hoping that nothing bad would have come out of this.

Y/N's POV:

I heard footsteps behind me. Within the first 15 seconds, I assumed that it was a stray Mixie cat, but soon I realized, that the steps were of a bipedal being, and not anything like a mixie cat! I just went back to reading my book, but the footsteps kept thumping against the cool, pine green grass. Then the footsteps vanished. Like they had stopped. I had felt the sweet bliss of relief, of which that it soothed me. I took a glance from my book, and I thought I saw a mixel, with slime like arms, a warm smile on their face. I blinked, but it seemed that they got closer. I went back to reading my book. Eventually, I looked up again, and the mixel was closer. I looked back in my book again, and after what had felt like 2 or 3 minuets, I looked up again.

They were gone! I let out a sigh of relief, knowing that I was okay. I went back to reading peacefully. "What'cha reading there, pal?" "GAH!" I panicked and I almost dropped my F/M book as I fell to catch it. I managed to catch my book within my arms. The mixel looked at me, confused yet concerned. I had wiped the small specks of dirt off my shoulder as I muttered, "Uh... I'm fine, thanks...". Fumbling with a lock of my H/L, H/C hair. The mixel looked at me, still wearing the brightest smile that I had ever seen. I felt like that they seemed nice, but not everything is innocent at first glance. I simply sighed and went back to reading my book, returning back to my imaginary world of F/M. The mixel simply sat down next to me, reading over my shoulder. This guy might actually be a bit more friendly than what I first thought! I couldn't help but smile a bit. "So what's this book about?" they asked me, tilting their head a bit.

Torts' POV:

"Hm? Oh, well uh, this book is about F/M. I- I liked the subject of F/M when I was a young tot... Heheh." The mixel replied, holding the book within their hands, still reading. I looked at them, smiling softly, "My name's Torts, what's your name?" I asked. The mixel looked like they were spaced out, but they soon snapped back to reality. They blinked their E/C eyes, looking nervous, fiddling with their thumbs. "Oh, uh... My name's Y/N." they muttered. Y/N, what a nice name for a nice mixel! And they seemed nice two, however, they didn't seem to be quite the talker. Still, I bet that I can put a smile on their face or have them feel joy in their heart! I simply sat next to them, watching them read as they had a neutral grin creep up onto their expression. "Do you want to be friends, like just hang out a bit every now and then? We don't have to if you don't want." I queried, looking at Y/N.

Y/N seemed to have a bit more of a smile bloom onto their expression. Their E/C eyes were filled to the brim with a soft and warm welcoming feeling. They pulled me into a soft yet affirming hug. Y/N seemed to have the brightest smile that I have ever seen on any mixel! "Sure, we can be friends." They smiled, their voice filled with softness and happiness. I cheered out excitedly, but not too loudly  hugging them back gently. We spent the rest of the day, reading and sky watching.

♧♤♡◇TIME SKIP IT HAS BEEN ABOUT A MONTH OF FRIENDSHIP-◇♡♤♧

3rd Person POV:

Torts slid around fast along the trail of slime he was leaving around, as he headed over to Y/N's place. He knocked on the door once he got there. Y/N opened the door, wearing a tee shirt and jeans. They looked at Torts with a bright smile, "Heya, Torts!" "Hi Y/N! What do you wanna do today?" Torts asked, excited to hang out with his friend. Y/N glanced around, rubbing the back of their neck awkwardly. "I was wondering if we could watch a movie together... Or uh... Binge a series? I dunno, I wanna watch something." Y/N sighed awkwardly, the veil of unsureness looming over their eyes. "Hmmmm... How about a comedy?" Torts suggested. Y/N pondered about it. A comedy... Y/N was skeptical, they had watched a few comedies, but not all the time. A good laugh did sound good for then, though.

"Sure, let's watch a comedy, pal." "Yay yay! Great, I had this one in mind you would absolutely love! It's about this alien that has to blend in among a suburban family so that they wont get caught by the government!" "Sounds cool, let's watch it." Y/N replied, same warm smile on their face, their E/C gaze filled with happiness. Torts smiled as he entered Y/N's living room and sat onto the couch. Y/N went into the kitchen and started popping a bag of popcorn in the microwave. After the popcorn was done, Y/N plopped themselves next to Torts on the couch. Y/N started the movie and the screen flashed with colors, sounds flaring from the speaker. Torts and Y/N were glad to be friends.

"Glad to be hanging out with you, Y/N!"

"Same feelings towards you, Torts."