Dad

Dan's POV

My dad is coming over today that might not sound bad but it is. I'm not exactly out to my parents. And I have a reason for that. You see my parents aren't exactly supportive of well basically anything that isn't "normal". For example transgender, gay, bisexual, and basically anything with liking the same sex. They don't even like girls who act like boys or boys who act like girls. So I have to act as straight as possible which may be hard with Phil around.

"Hey uh Dan your dad is here."

"Here it goes you just have to get through a few hours with him." I said to myself.

"Oh Dan don't you ever wear any color?"

"Good to see you too dad..."

"Is this really where you two live it's such a mess!"

I look to Phil for help but he's just standing there awkwardly. I guess I ended up staring at Phil because next thing I hear is

"Daniel James Howell boys do not stare at other boys like that!"

He looked at me with angry eyes that looked like he would hit me.

"So uh how about we go out for lunch or-"

Phil was nervous and awkward and adorable completely adorable.

"Dan don't stare I don't want you to get hurt" he whispered only loud enough for me to hear.

"Yeah lunch sounds fine" the devil I mean my dad said.

Later after lunch my dad pulled me away from Phil.

"This is something no parent should have to ask their son but...are you gay?"

I was hurt he made it sound like I was doing drugs.

"Yes I a-"

Just as Phil came around the corner he slapped me.

"NO SON OF MINE WILL BE A SINNER!"

I wanted Phil to stand up for me or to at least stand up for myself but I was alone crying.