Chapter 2

Dean took a deep breath before asking. "What kind of music do you listen to?"

He was half expecting for her to ask what this has to do with anything but she answered. "I like Rock. Classic Rock mostly."

'Okay. That doesn't mean anything.' Dean thought.

"How old are you?"

"13"

"When is your birthday?"

"June 9th"

'Oh shit.' Ran through Dean's mind. If she was his kid. He knew exactly who her mother was.

"Where are your parents?"

"My mom died when I was seven. I never knew my dad."

"Oh i'm sorry." And he really was.

"It's okay. That was a long time ago."
Dean nodded

"What was your mothers name?"

"Emily. Emily Wein."

'Shit. Well she really is my kid. Why didn't i know? God i'm just as bad as my dad'

"Can we talk alone?" Dean watched as she got up and walked with him to a quiet corner.

"Look,"He rubbed the back of his neck. "I think your my-"

Lily cut him off. "Yea I'm your kid. My mom told me your name and she had pictures. I only saw it once. I knew you looked familiar."

He stared in disbelief. What was he gonna do? He couldn't just leave the kid now that he knew she was his. After a while he looked at her and said, "I'm not gonna leave you again. If I knew your mother was pregnant then I would have come running back."

She smiled. "It's okay." Then Lily looked around making sure no one was listening before saying. "The case you're here for. It's nothing."

Dean's heart snapped in two. She's a hunter. "How do you know about that?"

Lily sighed. "My mom was killed by a demon. A yellow eyed demon. She was burned on the ceiling. My mom went to go put my little sister to bed. I was watching tv when i heard a scream so I ran upstairs. I saw my mom on the ceiling, I didn't even do anything I just stared at her. Then the house caught fire. I went to get a bucket of water, but when i got back it was too big." Lily stopped.

Dean could tell she was trying to calm herself, because she had started to cry. When she stopped shaking she continued. "I tried to get to her but I couldn't. I was so scared, so I ran out. There were already firefighters there. I knew i was gonna be put in an orphanage so i ran and kept running. I didn't stop till daybreak."

When she was done she wiped her eyes. Dean's heart shattered. Here he was thinking his family was dysfunctional. At least he had Sam and Bobby. She had no one.

"Do you know for sure that there is nothing here?"

She nodded. "There are no signs of a demon here other than the crops dying. And the reason for that is some jack-ass teenagers poured bleach in the farms water tanks."

Dean was still doubtful. "It still could have been a demon."

Lily shook her head. "I checked. The whole nine yards. Clean."

Dean had to admit. He was impressed. Just then his phone rang.

"Excuse me."

He flipped if open. "Hey Sammy. You'll never guess what i found out."

"Yea, this whole thing isn't our gig. Teenagers put bleach in the farmers water supply."

"Yea i know. You remember that little girl from earlier? Well she's a hunter and she's my....my um.."

Sam could tell there was something Dean needed to get of his chest.

"Dean?" Dean took a deep breath.

"She's my kid Sammy.

"Do you know for sure?"

"Yea. I met her mom 13 years ago and we, well you know. She's 13, and like you said she's the girl version of me.

Sam sighed. "It's okay Dean, chill. We will figure this out. What's her name?"

"Lily-Rose she prefers Lily. Sam what the hell am i supposed to do?"

"Talk to her."

"Should i ask her to come with us?" Dean for the first time in his life, was seriously scared.

"She's your daughter Dean. Hey i gotta go."

Dean heard a *click* and Sam was gone. He knew what Sam meant by 'she's your daughter.' He meant take her with us. She's family. We stick together. Dean took a deep breath and walked over to her.