Suspicious Inn

About two rises was how long they have been walking, it was around sunset now and Liuer spotted something a little ways away. "Look! There's a building over there!" Him and Baije started racing towards the building, while Taylor and Wukong hung back. They were both looking back at the forest that they have been traveling through together. The two monkeys actually have grown closer over the days they were traveling. "Great Sage! Taylor!" The two then ran to catch up to the kids and pig. Baije broke down the door, and Liuer walked in trying to see if anyone was there. Taylor and Wukong were the last ones inside, both of them flipped up to a railing on the second floor. Wukong caught a teapot that Taylor didn't see at all. After Liuer looked under a curtain, a large man with a scar over his eye came out. "Hello, we'd like to stay at your inn please, there's three of us and a baby. Is that okay?" The man looked like a total space case. "I can't talk." Taylor looked to Wukong and it looked like he was silently agreeing with her on it being suspicious. A woman then came up behind Liuer and explained the man wasn't that smart. When she noticed the baby, she tried to comment on how cute she was. "Oh, what a cute, little baby girl." The baby tried to hide in the basket, and Taylor's fur started to stand on end. From her hair to the end of her tail, like a cat would when it's startled or angry. The woman turned to the man and ordered him to get tea. "Can I ask where you are going?" "We're heading to Chang'an the capital." The two sat down at a table, and the lady continued to talk. "I'm sorry, I heard they closed the roads to the capital." Wukong and Taylor jumped down from their perch and startled the lady. Then Baije came in acting like he was on fire, because he ate some spicy peppers he mistook for carrots. The woman screamed and it made Taylor irritated. "Monsters! There are Monsters!" She nudged the man and he ran into a pole. "It's alright, they're friendly." "But they're not people." "That doesn't make them monsters." Baije used this to poke fun at the two monkeys. "Pretty sure the monkeys are monsters." Taylor rolled her eyes at the boar, and Wukong retaliated. "Quiet pork chop." The woman then agreed to show them to a room, and as Liuer climbed up a ladder with the baby Wukong tossed the teapot to Baije. "Tea?" The pig fumbled with it before dropping it. "That's ok." The woman was alright with the whole broken teapot and Baije went to confront the monkey. "Hey, quit making me look stupid." Taylor smirked and jumped up the ladder while Wukong used the pig's back as a spring board to jump to the second floor. The woman lit a candle and started talking to Liuer again. "Now, if you ever need anything don't be afraid to ask." "Okay." Liuer put the baby down to look at the room, the woman looked at the baby like it was food or something causing the little girl to cry. Taylor picked her up as Wukong stood in front of the two and sneered at the human. "If any of you need anything, I'll be right outside your door." Baije entered the room as Liuer was trying to calm the baby in Taylor's lap. Baije tried pulling funny faces but it didn't work, so he was pulled away by his ear by the male monkey. Liuer then got an idea and pulled out a doll that looked like Wukong. "I have my very own Great Sage too, would you like it? With his to protect you, you don't have to be scared of anything." Taylor smiled softly at this, she used to babysit when she was in highschool, but she didn't do it for the money. She did it because she never had a younger sibling, and had always wanted to be seen as one in a child's eyes. Liuer gave the doll to the baby, but she was still fussing probably still scared. "I thought that might work. Why is she still crying?" Taylor inhaled deeply before sighing, she knew one way to get the little girl to sleep. "I know something that might help." With that the female monkey started singing.

As she sang small flames danced around them, but didn't burn anything. Soon images started appearing in the fire, one of a human girl pinned down by a boy, and blowing fire at his face. The next was of three adults and the girl, two looked young while the other elderly looking one was taking the girl away. The next image was the girl crying and hugging her knees, she was sitting one a bed and the elder came and hugged her. The next images was happy and carefree. The girl grew up to be a beautiful woman, strong, and confident. And at the end of the song the flames joined together to form an elderly woman. They placed a hand on Taylor's cheek, and took the sleeping baby. The elder placed the baby girl down, and looked back at the monkey, before kissing the simian's forehead and disappearing after the last verse was sung. The other three looked sympathetically and shocked at the female, who was smiling despite the tears that fell from her eyes. "Who was that?" She looked to Liuer, and picked him up to place him beside her. "That was my grandmother, she raised me when my parents decided they didn't want me anymore." "What was she like?" "She was the kindest woman I ever knew, now you get some sleep." She had Liuer lay down as she jumped up and settled in the rafters. Wukong settled on the windowsill, Baije on the floor and the kids on the bed. Wukong spit out the pit of the peach, that hit a fly out the door, and then a crash was heard. Liuer was surprised at the noise, but no one else was. "Time for bed." The ginger monkey put out the candle with a wave of his hand.