73

decided to pick this up after a year and a bit anyway

"Help?" Maria smiled.

(Y/N) felt her chest tightening. Splashes of rain trickled softly down the sides of her face.

"Y-You don't have to- Wh-where are they? It's noon, i-isn't it?" All of a sudden, her words and thoughts were becoming more and more broken. This... this felt strange...

Without warning, gales of wind soared, the rain halting, green winds surrounding them, like delicate brush strokes upon a beautifully dark canvas.

Her breath fell heavy. Her gaze fell, her eyes wide.

"Wh...What's going on..? I'm- I'm confused-"

The currents of anemo continued. Rain dripped down once again. (Y/N) blinked, a comforting caress of wind appearing upon her cheek.

Maria approached her. (Y/N) couldn't move back. She couldn't run, she couldn't do anything. In fact, suddenly, she didn't want to.

A chuckle left the blonde's lips. Gently, she held (Y/N)'s chin. A warm smile tugged at her lips. "My... you look so awfully beautiful right now."

(Y/N)'s face warmed. Unknowingly, an unfamiliar thumping of her heart erupted in her chest.

Her breath hitched as Maria's face neared, her glossy lips just brushing against the side of her face.

"You're single now, are you not..?" Maria giggled. "Finally, I can have you all to myself. I knew showing you that Ragnvindr's true colours was the right thing to do..."

(Y/N)'s cheeks began to burn. Maria had kissed her left one.

And then, her breath tickled her ear, with a small whisper, "Care for a dance in the rain?"

"Wh-what about the Fatui..?"

"Shhh..."

Maria took (Y/N)'s hand, leaning down slightly. Butterflies went rabid in (Y/N)'s stomach when her lips pressed against the back of her hand, a pretty smirk on her pretty face.

Of course, (Y/N) had always found Maria beautiful. But, even after everything she had done to her, she still found herself falling weak to her.

Her gentleness as they trained with the Delusion... her kindness and patience... Perhaps (Y/N) had misjudged her true nature...

"Well? Don't keep me waiting, dear."

(Y/N)'s heart skipped a beat.

"A-O-okay."

"Then it will be my pleasure."

Maria stood straight, tugging (Y/N) closer to her. (Y/N) pursed her lips as Maria's hand slithered around her waist, the personal space dissipating between them.

Her greyish blue eyes sparkled like the ocean on a sunny day, and they were staring, staring into each other's eyes and at each other, lost in the sea of anemo that surrounded them and the sway of the green grass beneath them and the soft patters of rain that played a beautiful melody upon the highest peak of Mondstadt where everybody could be blessed with the sight of their dance.

Eventually, their breaths radiated upon each other, their feet coming to a stop, a wide beam upon both of their faces.

"Maria..." (Y/N) whispered. "I..."

"Hm?" Maria's head tilted.

"I-I..." (Y/N)'s gaze fell. They remained in each other's hold, Maria's stare upon her like a raindrop to a leaf.

(Y/N)'s eyebrows furrowed. Her head lifted, a determined look suddenly taking over her face. Maria's eyes widened.

The most gentle lips met Maria's.

Just for a second, and then they were gone.

Instantly, blood began to rush towards Maria's pale face. (Y/N) broke away from her hold, turning away, hiding her face in her hands.

The corners of Maria's mouth immediately tugged up into an endeared smile. Her heart was pounding.

"Oh, (Y/N)..."

A captivatingly breathy laugh left her chest.

Maria grabbed her hand, pulling her back towards her.

"Adorable..."

She leant in. Their noses bumped, before her head tilted slightly, her hand cupping (Y/N)'s cheek.

"You're the cutest woman I have ever met, darling."

And then she kissed her.

(Y/N)'s face set on fire, her knees becoming weaker by the second, Maria's thumb gently running across her cheek, her other behind (Y/N)'s back.

(Y/N)'s eyes fluttered shut, instantly melting into Maria's soft lips.

(Y/N) fell enchanted by Maria. By her lips, her touch, the way she spoke to her and the way she held her.

She was enchanted by her. So enchanted.

So enchanted by her in fact, (Y/N) never realised the crimson substance trickling down her own back.

She never realised, until of course, it was too late.