☾☾☾ chapter 3 : fatalistic

"15 years?"

jeongin repeated, astonished.

the joyous blonde nodded, the blank expression played on his facial features made jeongin's heart halt.

'will i  end up like this too?' he internally questioned, whilst a cold sweat ran down is forehead.

returning back to his unwanted reality, the brunette hissed upon a foreign pressure pressed against his unaided wound. and alarmed by his discomfort sat the blonde who instantly pulled away with crippling anxiety of worsening his condition.

"s-sorry.." he quickly mumbled an apology, discreetly returning back to comfort his wound. and finding the quickest topic to change their subject, he spoke up again;

"i'm a little sensitive when it comes to my past.." the blonde admitted, choosing carefully the words that rolled off his tongue.

however, jeongin noted the glint of joy in his eyes had shadowed, much likely to hide his oppressed emotions. and before he could interrogate further on his keen analyses of the blonde, he spoke up again;

"i'd rather persue my thoughts on the brighter side of things, rather than having myself consumed in monstrous thoughts that eat me out alive." the blonde admitted, blinking back the luster his eyes once lost and breathing out a hearty chuckle before he continued again, "i'm not bait, you know?"

jeongin sat utterly clueless on his bipolar behavior. there used to be a time where the brunette assumed he himself had a complicated split personality with the people he'd surround himself with, yet jisung's behavior seemed way more concerning than his. the vibe the blonde radiated, somehow felt it yearned for a better side of life, despite him being in the utter vanquish.

'how does he always stay so hopeful..?'

feeling as if his silence breaded enough time for the blonde to catch onto his thoughts, he quickly shuffled on his knees and stretched out a hand for the brunette.

"how about.." he hesitated, "how about you try to walk?"

jeongin glanced back to his poorly bandaged wound, already looking like it was deficient of bandaging. not only that, but the pain started to pound his veins to clot his blood, proving that the pain of his wasn't just external, but internal too.

returning his gaze towards the blonde, he tucked out his bottom lip in sorrow, "i can't move an inch.."

jisung felt even more coerced by his behavior. if jeongin wasn't new, he wouldn't have been screaming at the back of his mind to not be insensitive. no, the blonde knew he shouldn't be moving an inch either and that he deserved to be medically treated better, yet he couldn't find the right words to phrase. because explaining to the brunette on the horrid conditions seemed way too sudden, and the blonde was in no mood of traumatizing him already.

"listen..jeongin--"

briefly cutting his words off was a shrewd noise of an alarm, instantly causing the brunette to squeeze his palms against either sides of his ears in despair.

however, jisung seemed unbothered, rather growing more concerned on the brunettes behavior. "jesus.." he mumbled under his breath, "he's way too sensitive.". though his words remained completely inaudible to the brunette- who yet was recovering from the sudden flaring noises, jisung could only ponder on why his presence accompanied them here.

"what.." jeongin settled his rate of breathing, "what was that..?" he questioned with full obliviousness.

"that's our cue to leave.." he admitted, expectant of the muddled expression on the brunettes face.