☾☾☾ chapter 7 : scepticism

"what do you mean you can't find him!?" 

the woman's piercing voice was an eerie to her husbands ears. though he could understand the indignation blazing up every nerve ticking her body, he couldn't help but feel frustrated upon her ignorance of how he too felt the same as she did. 

"it's been 48 hours.." she croaked, her voice coarse from the in-sufficient nutrition, lack of sleep and the panic attacks tremoring inside the silence. "can't you transact their money back!?"

"i already told you, i don't have even a quarter of it!"

every hour that passed by in yang's household had been further stretched. seconds felt like minutes, and minutes felt like hours. a sort of aggrieved void had been sprawled throughout the atmosphere without the presence of their only son. 

the two had even willingly asked for day offs at work, trying to remain unnoticed by almost every soul they swore they knew. they rarely left the house, and when things were urgent, mr. yang wouldn't dare to step out without wearing a mask and complete protection to make sure nobody noticed his presence. 

was it really..depression? 

two days had flown past them. most of their hours were spent in silence of their own, each pondering and swallowed by their intrusive thoughts. mr. yang regretted taking loans, while mrs. yang wondered why she encouraged her husband to ever indulge to borrow money from a ruthless criminal. no they were not blind towards the fact that they agreed to initiate business from an illegal attachment, but it was bound to happen with their greed towards the green leaves. 

but nothing, nothing, could ever own up to their now un-known son. 

just as mrs. yang had opened her mouth to investigate about their poor decisions in life, a knock had beat her to it. 

mr. and mrs. yang exchanged looks which matched one-another. the supposed knock, was not initiated by their door bell. the more silence they responded it with, the more frantic the knocks got. 

mr. yang finally broke the tension held uptight and arose from his seat. 

"i'll get it." he firmly asserted, manouvering his way towards the front door. his steps were light, careful and stealthy so as to not give the idea that anybody was perceived at their home. 

now out of her sight, mrs. yang fiddled nervously with the frills of her dress, 'who could it be?' she thought to herself, her own question answered by the footsteps entering along with her husband. 

"mrs. yang!" a familiar boy with cola tinged hair and one with blonde hair came to her view. "is jeongin home?" they asked in unison. 

the yang's expression grew pale. the following specimen's were jeongin's friends. at first it didn't glide their minds about informing the people jeongin knew. they only played a low profile to the people only they were aware of, completely ignorant about how their son had built a life of his own. again and understatement about their unhealthy choices in life. 

she quietly stood at front, gulping down saliva of her own as she exchanged frantic eye contact with her husband, "h-he's not available at the moment, why do you ask?" 

"he hasn't shown up to school since two days!" the cola tinged hair spoke, "he neither replies or answers our calls." 

"he's not feeling that well gentlemen," mr. yang stepped in, taking a hint on mrs. yang tremble. "he gave me his phone, he doesn't want to interact with anybody at the moment."

those words plastered a sense of confusion on both the young males. 

"what are your names?" mr. yang quickly changed the subject about jeongin's sudden and un-called disappearance. "i will mention you to him." he squeezed in a convincing smile.