☾☾☾ chapter 23: infatuated

"it's past your curfew."

despite minho's words echoing through his eardrums for the hundredth time that night, jeongin continued to mash the boiled potatoes into his container, out of great difficulty- realizing that he'd lost a lot of muscle from his frail arms ever since he was developed with the eating disorder.

wiping the sweat formed on his brow, he huffed, "i'm well aware." he stated, honestly meaning to it- since the brunette refused to allow him a moment of silence, ever since he decided to be cooking dinner for the blonde. which he couldn't understand why the older was so absurd about- the suggestion had come through him after all.

"you should return back to your bedroom." minho impatiently reminded, observing the boy pace to and fro through the kitchen, "you could get in trouble if you aren't."

"relax." jeongin replied to all his protests, shuffling through the various equipments in the kitchen. "i just have to complete a meal for a singular person, how long could that possibly take?" he argued. but truthfully, it was an equal challenge to the younger and he was aware of it.

growing up, the boy never took a keen interest towards hobbies like cooking- since his mother was known to cook decent fodder which was specialized up to his liking. they never gave him the burden to cook- allowing him to order out in case they went through night shifts, otherwise the most the brunette could conjure was convenient ramen.

he just hoped it was as simple as the website he browsed through was accurate enough for him to succeed. he was in desperate need of impressing the older blonde.

"this is a bad idea." minho retorted, "you have no experience in this field, neither are we sure that boss would choose to have dinner after he returns.". the growing frustration and tension was relevant on his features, yet jeongin refused to give up.

"i'm sure he can't deny." he began chopping freshly cleansed onions on the chopping board, "he's bound to be tired when he returns." though it was a fair counter argument, minho could feel his nerves tensing under his skin.

exasperating a sigh, the older was aware that the stubbornness jeongin withstood was unmatchable, so he quietly seated himself across the working brunette, resting his head against his palm as thoughts overcaved him.

━━━ °+*◆*・。+.*.◇+*・。+..◆+° ━━━

blood scud down the side of his forehead, continuously flowing out to coat the entire side profile of his in crimson. however, despite the tragic wound showcased, the blonde held his blank somber expression, barely affected by the bruise he'd considered as a scratch.

"give up, already."

hearing from his nemeses talk down on him, made a cruel smirk irl his lip, chuckling at how underestimated he appealed. but he was here to prove him wrong on such assumptions.

"the decision is mine to take." he spat bitterly, loving the distress growing on the young bulked man across him, who already had a broken limb hanging off his left arm.

as his footsteps trudged closer, the mysterious man backed away accordingly. unlike his threatening words, the overall dis wrought brought him feared for his future was as risk.

he had already hit the back of the brick wall, eyeing his surroundings to find him cornered with no escape. instantly, he scurried to read into his pockets, searching and successfully pulling out a pistol, aiming it towards the blonde out of fear.

"d-don't come any closer!" he warned, his voice breaking with tremble- in desperate urge to appeal in control. "i won't hesitate to pull the trigger."