☾☾☾ chapter 4 : bludgeon

the dullness of the cell grew further to enhance jeongin's fragile state, his leg growing weaker despite being sided by the young brunette. 

"where are we going?" he questioned, gaze struck to the latter instead of the stone walled cave they'd been walking through. 

even through his boring gaze, the man batted him no eye, instead focusing on his nitid shoes which were freshly polished, "to see jisung." he replied in a monotone. 

upon hearing this news, jeongin's heart began to soothe just a little. though, he and jisung had encountered with a stable amount of time, he had a gut feeling that the blonde could be the only person worthy enough to be close with. 

but rather was it just his company that soothed him, being more the aura he wore off. it wasn't exactly something the brunette was jealous of- but, something he'd looked up to. the smile jisung wore and his hope in the positivity- something the brunette was ambitioned to learn. because as it is now, he slowly began to miss and regret not cherishing the sickenly joyous expressions of his family. 

oh how his mother would cup his cheeks and talk in an accent miming it higher than it usually is- only to remind him of how they barely viewed him for his age, instead in their eyes were engrossed to the fact that he grew physically. for them- he was just a youthful bait of hope. 

and his father- being sterner than his mother, he never failed to show his softer side when dealing with his son. jeongin knew that despite acting cold and tough, his father would risk anything and everything for the safety of his only born. 

so in other words, jisung acted as a souvenir- or more realistically a replacement for the only emotion he craved to see his parents in. 

because truthfully, every second jeongin had his eyelids shut- instead of seeing pitch-black of hopelessness, he was faced with the traumatizing appearances of his family members- just begging to not let him go. 

until now, jeongin had long forgotten about the secrets they hid or the carelessness they'd treated him with- because the latter had been grown up with stereotypes of being immensely loved. 

and having even that quarter bit of love snatched away, it left him utterly hopeless and desperately seeking for the littlest of affection. 

without even realizing it, a glazed tear had rolled off his cheek, making him sniffle to return back to his current situation. 

"i miss my parents.." he whimpered, sucking on his tongue to prevent the lump forming in his throat. 

that sentence of his was an indication to minho that the effects were wearing off already. just like jisung, he was struck at his vulnerability. 

"we're almost there." he stated, uncomfortably clearing his throat because he knew he was utterly helpless towards the brunette- even if he was, he wouldn't care. 

to him, what the brunette was experiencing wasn't new, in fact there was a time he delt with jisung feeling the same, but that is a story for another time. 

"listen kid, just don't involve yourself in any mischief and maybe you can survive." he admitted, thanking the large black gates which finally came in view. "stick with jisung and nobody knows what happened between us, got it?" 

jeongin could easily read through his bluntness- in fact the first line which shadowed with the slightest amount of concern had only been forced out his throat due to his concern on not being seen with jisung. 

but as jeongin thought before, he hadn't bought trust in this minho guy either way. all he needed was the positivity of jisung to make things feel eased out.