Part 6

Ben was being called in to a 5-alarm fire.  He looked at the clock and it was 3 o'clock in the afternoon.  He knew that Andy and Vic would be called in also and they had Pru so he text them and told them to bring her to the station.  He had to get Miranda up so she could pick her up.  He shook her and said, 

"Baby wake up we have to go"

"What's wrong she said groggily" 

"5 alarm all hands. You have to get Pru at the station."  

She got up with wobbly legs.   He smirked as he helped her into the bathroom.  They both got into the shower and washed the morning's activities off.  They quicky dressed and made their way out the door. 

They arrived at the station, and Ben kissed her lips and ran in to grab his gear.  He jumped into the waiting engine to finish dressing on the way.  Miranda went in and saw Pru sitting with the desk attendant.

Pru's eyes got big with excitement and ran to Miranda. 

"Hey baby girl you ready to go."  

Pru nodded her head yes and off they went.

Miranda, decided to take her to the park since it was a nice day.   They arrived and Miranda unbuckled her from her car seat.  After sitting her on her feet turn and saw where they were.  She immediately ran to the swings, and waited for Miranda to get there to help her up into the toddler swing.   Miranda lifted her and secured her it the restraint.  She began pushing her baby in the swing.   

"Higher Randa higher"

Miranda did as Pru requested, making the child giggle uncontrollably.  Her laughs made Miranda heart smile.  She did not know that she could feel so much joy.   After the miscarriage she did not think she would be here raising the daughter she always wanted.   

She was so upset with Ben at first when he told her that he promised Dean they would raise her if anything happened to him.   She knew she would become instantly attached and did not want to be heartbroken.  Even though it was tough finally getting her, it all worked out in the end, and she would not have it any other way.   

Miranda and Pru stayed at the park for about an hour and then they went to the mall.   She decided to by some clothes for Pru because she was growing like a weed.   They walked around the mall getting outfits and shoes some for now and some for her to grow into.   Miranda even stopped in her favorite lingerie store to pick up something special for Ben.

They made their way back home and it was around 8 o'clock.   Ben had texted Miranda to tell her he was safe and that they were cleaning up and should be home in a few hours.  Since Pru was back home she decided to not let her take a nap during the day to ensure she was good and tired.  She wanted more of her husband.  She knew that he would be pumping full of adrenaline when he got home.   

Miranda heated up the left-over lasagna from last night for her and Pru to eat.   After finishing dinner she gave her bath and put on her pajama.  They did their nightly routine and read a book.  Pru could barely keep her eyes opened when they got to the second book and Miranda was happy.   She put her in the bed and this time made sure she was snuggly tucked in so that there would be no falling out the bed.   She kissed the top of her head and turned the monitor and nightlight on.

Miranda went to her room and laid out her new all lace nightie.   She went to the bathroom and soaked in the tub.   Afterward she stepped out and dried herself off.   She went into to the bedroom and moisturized her body.   

She put on the nightie and one of her silk robes.   She went into the kitchen and made Ben a plate to heat up.   Just when she was pouring a glass a wine.  The front door opened.  Ben came in setting his work bag on the floor.   Miranda saw him in his regular clothes so she knew he showered at worked

"Hey baby" he said coming into the kitchen and kissing her on her cheek

"Hey, you hungry"

"Yes starving."

"Good I have a plate ready for you."  

Miranda took his plate out of the oven and placed it in front of him.  She gave him a bottle of water and a glass a wine.  She sat down next to him at the counter and sipped on her glass of wine.

Ben told her about the fire that caused most of the engine companies to be at attendance.  It was a large factory fire.  Although the fire was huge, there were no major injuries.     

"So, what did you end up doing." 

Well, me and Baby Girl went to the park and then the mall for some girl shopping.   We came back home and ate dinner.  I gave her bath and read to her.  She did not take a nap today, so she is good and tuckered out.  

"Humph" Ben said unconvinced.  

"That little girl knows when to wake up during the most inconvenient moment"

Ben said.   Miranda giggled and told him,

"I don't think she will be waking up any time soon, especially since I did not get to finish what I said I wanted to do.  So hurry up and finish eating so I can......"

Miranda stood up and untied her robe revealing her outfit.  She turned around to walk out the kitchen looking over her shoulder.  She swayed her hips as she exited. 

Ben was suddenly no longer hungry and quickly got up and ran after her making her giggle. He caught up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist.  He threw her on the bed getting ready to ravage her.  As soon as he was about to move the barely their panties to the side they heard

"Randa"

coming from the baby monitor.

The End.