20. her ex

I hesitantly told about the evening but quickly I faltered "Scarlett I..I couldn't tell Isaac so it will be much harder for you." I buried my face in my hands.
"Aha, did you replace us with Isaac, a stupid boy who fucks every girl?!" Scarlett said sarcastically.
My lips twitched.
Finally, Scarlett slid next to me and took my free hand.

She took a drag and smiled at me with this look that only she had, a look that could look into your soul or thoughts.
"You don't have to tell me, but at some point okay?"
I hugged her.
"Yes," I croaked.
"Then skip it and keep telling" she pressed me tight.
I shook my head.
It didn't work.
I had to tell Isaac first, which was hard enough.
"Okay" she whispered.

"I'll tell you a story about me and my ex-girlfriend now so that you don't feel alone and so that you calm down"
I looked up questioningly.
Scarlett took off my cigarette, squeezed them out and wiped away my tears with her tender hands equipped with rings and henna tattoos.

*TW She told that her ex-girlfriend suffered under anorexia and could not stop until the dead took her with.
"Evelyn had gotten all this because she was touched by her own father. Constantly. Even when she came out as a lesbian. At some point she ran away from home and was immediately admitted to a clinic. They helped her, she gained power and everything got better. Half a year later I met her and she felt even better." I realized how hard it was for Scarlett to tell all this.
She smiled sad.

"But then she was touched again by her ex-boyfriend who said she could no longer like boys and wanted to show her how great boys are," she painted quotation marks in the air.
But because she fought back, which probably didn't help much because she was weak and emaciated, he beat her until she fainted to the ground. She woke up and I immediately took her to the hospital when I found her, but it didn't help, she didn't eat anything for days and tore the cables off again and again so that she finally took her own life." She suppressed tears and pressed my hand even harder. *

"But Scarlett...why didn't you tell us earlier,"
I asked stuttering and stroked her red curls.
"of guilt. I couldn't save her." She took a break to take a deep breath "but I went into therapy and they helped me a lot. Nevertheless, it was good to tell you that."
I smiled proudly.
"Look for help," she said, looking at me penetratingly and long until the door was torn open.
"What have you been doing for so long hi-" Lissy faltered and knelt to us "All right with you?"
She hugged us.
"People, what happened? I thought you were doing something else, but..."

"Everything is fine with us, we just had to talk a little because we couldn't talk to two for so long" Scarlett lapped directly back.
"But why do you have such red eyes? You don't have..?" She laughed "omg."
"We don't have Lissy" Scarlett said seriously and Lissy made laugh.
"It got emotional," I said quietly.
"Oh okay, I'm always there for you too, okay? Just that you know that." Lissy smiled at us encouragingly and kissed our cheeks tenderly.
"And now let's not be sad anymore but have fun, how about?"

Scarlett and I nodded weakly and rattled up hard from the ground.
Chase stood at the toilet door and talked to a nice-looking boy our age.
Chase winked at us and Lissy started giggling excitedly, Scarlett and I also fell into a laugh.
Chase gave us nasty looks but we just winked at him laughing.
In front of the café we waited for Chase, who still looked at us angry but with a smile.
"I have a number," he finally screamed and Lissy and I hopped on "and?"

While we walked home to Chase, he excitedly told us about the boy, from time to time I noticed Scarlett looking at me from the side inconspicuously and worried. I noticed that I couldn't even think about it yet. That's why I immediately rush to the toilet to rest a bit.

Exhausted, I let myself fall on the toilet lid.
It was good to talk and exchange something with Scarlett.
It couldn't get as bad as Scarlett's ex had hit it, with me.
And I had to tell someone urgently. Isaac, but where was he?
He had already been in the back of my mind all the time.

What had happened?

-