budapest barton

· ─────── · ✵ · ─────── ·

Yelena says "You look like shit."

I nod and say "It was a long flight. I'm worried about Kate and Amelia."

"What about Peter?" She asks

My mind blurs momentarily as I go spacey and I say "I- he... never mind." Why am I lapsing again?

I exit the jet telling my adoptive family "Stay close."

I push open the doors as widows walk down the stairs, I nod to them, patting their shoulder as they pass

Yelena smiles to the two widows as we climb the stairs

Yelena chuckles as we walk and I look to her confused saying "What? What's so funny?"

"Kate Bishop is going to be so mad at you."

I sigh saying "I'll smooth it over." Clint scoffs and says "Doubt she'll take that well."

I narrow my eyes at him saying "First of all, mind your business and I am the one in a relationship with Kate. Not you. And definitely not you. She's a reasonable person. She'll understand it once I explain it all."

Entering the room I hear shouting. I purse my lips as I hear angry Russian being spitballed back and forth

"Amelia." I announce as I enter the living room

She angrily looks through the fridge as Eve scoffs, Eve looks to me and says "M, finally.."

Amelia smacks the back of her head on the fridge as she turns towards me and groans as she curses

"Kenzie.." she says to me with a annoyed face

Eve says "I'll get the others situated in rooms."

Clint and the family leave with Eve and I say "Where is she?"

Amelia shakes her head saying "Oh how much I've missed you... I'm fine by the way. No one attempted to kill me as you two left me alone to fend for myself."

I sigh and say "The targets on my back, Amelia. Relax. Where's Kate?"

"Your girlfriend's really annoying by the way. Like never shuts up and lets me get a word in annoying."

"How nice, more things the two of you have in common."

She scoffs as Yelena laughs at my joke, Amelia motions towards the shut bathroom door and says "She's asleep and tied to the sink in there."

I glare at her saying "What the fuck? You were supposed to bring her here non-violently."

"Don't be such a baby. She's fine."

I walk away from them and push the bathroom door open, I'm met with a large bottle of shampoo smacked across my face

My hand goes up, grabbing Kate's wrist tightly. I look to her, seeing her shocked expression as I say "Ow.."